Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Former Trump aide Sam Nunberg said Monday that he has been subpoenaed to appear in front of a federal grand jury investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election but that he will refuse to go...

Nunberg said he does not plan to comply with the subpoena, including either testimony or providing documents.“Let him arrest me,” Nunberg said. “Mr. Mueller should understand I am not going in on Friday.” Nunberg said he was planning to go on Bloomberg TV and tear up the subpoena.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...815_story.html
So much for being the party of law and order. The Republicans have lost their minds and their souls.

edit - That Nunberg character is a real piece of work - http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...k-posts-2015-7

Last edited by bobabode; 03-05-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in the Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin — apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...59c_story.html
Old 03-07-2018, 07:36 PM

Mueller gathers evidence that 2017 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin

Quote:
Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in the Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin — apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

In January 2017, Erik Prince, the founder of the private security company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to Russian President Vladi****mir Putin and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations.

A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

George Nader, a Lebanese American businessman who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Mueller’s investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election.

Nader began cooperating with Mueller after he arrived at Dulles Airport in mid-January and was stopped, served with a subpoena and questioned by the FBI, these people said. He has met numerous times with investigators.
Not sure of the impact of this news but from the outside sounds like collusion to me. Breaking news so there is more to come.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.016f6c222da6
Old 03-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Oh, you certainly are a 'should-er,' to use your awkward coinage. You were saying above that we should not object to Russian activities, weren't you?
Nope, but I enjoyed your awkward attempt at putting words in my mouth.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Nope, but I enjoyed your awkward attempt at putting words in my mouth.
Come now. You position is that the sins of B don't count, because of the sins of A. The drawback to that position is the sins of B might hurt people, a lot.

I asked if you thought it would be OK for me to hurt you, on that basis, but you dodged the point.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:33 AM

Putin blames "Jews and Ukranians". Of course he does.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...698a9e7274?abs
Old 03-11-2018, 06:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Putin blames "Jews and Ukranians". Of course he does.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...698a9e7274?abs
He may be right. Jared and Ivanka are Jewish and Paul Manafort might as well be Ukrainian.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Come now. You position is that the sins of B don't count, because of the sins of A. The drawback to that position is the sins of B might hurt people, a lot.

I asked if you thought it would be OK for me to hurt you, on that basis, but you dodged the point.
I neither said nor came within 12 parsecs of implying your inference.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Ready

Yeah. Right.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Rational Anarchist

Indeed! Afterall, I never claimed/implied Putin's sins against our election don't count, although God would be the final arbiter regarding that.