Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:46 PM

I think Value Village and Savers are the same company....the price tags are exactly alike.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:26 PM

I guess all good things must come to an end. That same Value Village, only two days later, and they've got a bunch more rock albums, but now they are individually bagged up in a clear plastic bag, stapled shut so you can't even look at the condition without ripping open each bag, with price stickers of $2.99 and $4.99.
Of course the Julio Iglesias type crap is still 4 for $3.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I guess all good things must come to an end. That same Value Village, only two days later, and they've got a bunch more rock albums, but now they are individually bagged up in a clear plastic bag, stapled shut so you can't even look at the condition without ripping open each bag, with price stickers of $2.99 and $4.99.
If i was interested I'd rip them open, unless they are offering return privileges. It's perfectly likely that some don't even have the right disk in them.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
My Savers had some reel tapes in a glass case for about $4.99 I snagged the Santana one...they had a Bob Marley album for $75.00!!! This was a month ago.....

at least they do not have a non-working BIC T-2 cassette deck that does not work for $119 like the SA does now WTF!!!!

in defense of Savers I have found Snells, Tannoy powered studio monitors and a NAD 7155 all since Oct 2013.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Donquixote99 suggested I rip the bags open and check the albums out, so I did just that, even though I had no intention to purchase any of them. Ripped open about a dozen.
Seems to have done the trick! The bags are gone and all albums are back to 4 for $3. Picked up ten today- Alabama, Eagles, Marshall Tucker, Doobies, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, etc.

Thanks for the tip Don!
Old 07-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Donquixote99 suggested I rip the bags open and check the albums out, so I did just that, even though I had no intention to purchase any of them. Ripped open about a dozen.
Seems to have done the trick! The bags are gone and all albums are back to 4 for $3. Picked up ten today- Alabama, Eagles, Marshall Tucker, Doobies, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, etc.

Thanks for the tip Don!
Are your eyes brown Was?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Loyal Opposition

Paid five bucks for five bucks worth of speakers - AudioSource LS 300. They sound good enough to be test speakers or to put out on the patio.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 PM

Rip them open so they get a reality check. The albums are only $.99 at my Savers.
Cassettes are $.49.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Area Man

AKer Wolverine, (Scott) and I went thrift hunting a few weeks ago, nothing except a couple low end Onkyo cassette decks, one in great shape and a Denon DCD-1500 cd player. I already have two cassette decks and and RTR, so I left the Onkyo and picked up the Denon for $20 at the Habitat for Humanity thrift in Virginia Beach.

Come to find out the DCD-1500 is the shiznit. The choice of pros, radio stations and DJs for decades. This one certainly has an awesome sound to it. As I type it's spinning out Jeff Becks Blow by Blow.

$20 and this bad puppy went for over $800 back in the late '80s.....................

Dave
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
AKer Wolverine, (Scott) and I went thrift hunting a few weeks ago, nothing except a couple low end Onkyo cassette decks, one in great shape and a Denon DCD-1500 cd player. I already have two cassette decks and and RTR, so I left the Onkyo and picked up the Denon for $20 at the Habitat for Humanity thrift in Virginia Beach.

Come to find out the DCD-1500 is the shiznit. The choice of pros, radio stations and DJs for decades. This one certainly has an awesome sound to it. As I type it's spinning out Jeff Becks Blow by Blow.

$20 and this bad puppy went for over $800 back in the late '80s.....................

Dave
Very nice Dave. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of those.
The wife listens to CDs, right now thru a multiplayer. It would be nice to get something with a good reputation.