Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Sworn testimony today between Sheldon Whitehouse and FBI director Ray revealed that it was, in fact, worse than I thought. The White House dictated to the FBI which witnesses could be interviewed and possibly which questions could even be asked.

WHITEHOUSE: Is it also true that in that supplemental BI [background investigation], the FBI took direction from the White House as to whom the FBI would question and even what questions the FBI could ask?
WRAY: So it is true ... as to the who. I am not sure as I sit here whether it is true as to the what questions.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...augh-tip-line/
I’m not sure if you’re having a comprehension problem or just prone to flights of fancy.

Just curious, do you understand that “took direction from the White House” doesn’t mean that the White House provided the FBI and exclusive list of those who will be questioned. It mean that the White House provided names of those they wanted to be included.

And, do you understand that Wray’s response means he’s not sure whether or not the WH had any input at all on the questions that were asked?
Old 08-04-2022, 07:26 PM

May I be one to say.....after reading the last posting.

There are a few voices here, who if ever we were to meet face to face.

Would not be so bold a proponent or brave in their comments, rather cowering away in silence. Mumbling to themselves how righteous and superior they be.

If they ever came out from their distorted views for a moment risking a dose of reality.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:40 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yup. Keep posting false or unconfirmed info like "Reagan negotiated the timing of the release of the Iran hostages" and "A white nationalist was responsible for triggering the MN riots" and I might just respond with ample evidence that your post is incorrect.

I understand that such a response might be bothersome to you, but it doesn't mean the response is wrong.
See

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
That's our guy whell. Never give up, never surrender, only my "sources" speak the truth.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Would not be so bold a proponent or brave in their comments, rather cowering away in silence. Mumbling to themselves how righteous and superior they be.

If they ever came out from their distorted views for a moment risking a dose of reality.
Retreating to his safe space... "Never give up, never surrender, only my sources speak the truth." LOL

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-04-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Stop lying your ass off and I'd let you off the hook, Mike. Of course, then you wouldn't have anything to post my obtuse friend.
Well if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance baffle 'em with bullshit. Or so I've heard
Old 08-04-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Retreating to his safe space... "Never give up, never surrender, only my sources speak the truth." LOL
If you catch me in a lie and you accuse me of lying and I respond "but I never lie", what you gonna do?

That is the Whellian defense, a brick wall of denial.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:50 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

FAKE NEWS EXPOSED: A Service of PoliticalChat.com

Quote:
I’m not sure if you’re having a comprehension problem or just prone to flights of fancy.

Just curious, do you understand that “took direction from the White House” doesn’t mean that the White House provided the FBI and exclusive list of those who will be questioned. It mean that the White House provided names of those they wanted to be included.

And, do you understand that Wray’s response means he’s not sure whether or not the WH had any input at all on the questions that were asked?

Nope, in the supplemental background investigation, the White House Counsel (McGahn was a friend of Kavanaugh) received the same tips from the tip line as the FBI and then told the FBI who could be interviewed.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-05-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Dang, and I just drove through Louisville last week. Next time I'm down that way, I'll buy you a beer and regale you with my "distorted views".
Old 08-05-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Dang, and I just drove through Louisville last week. Next time I'm down that way, I'll buy you a beer and regale you with my "distorted views".

Or a Kentucky Tea.... or two.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It seems like the gist of Whell's arguments in this thread have been cogently distilled by the poster child of modern American conservatism.