Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Area Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno
Old 10-23-2015, 09:30 AM

One really can't use 'Republican' and 'wit' together unless in the negative, ie 'witless', 'unwittingly', ect.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
That's the rub. I've never really liked the woman but fair is fair.

What I saw yesterday was a sickening display of desperation on the part of GOP lawmakers. Grasping for any scrap of damaging minutiae they could and coming up with nothing but vapid conjecture, time and again. Like stupid Baboons attacking a granite statue until their teeth and claws fall out, because they are too dumb and obsessed to realize it's a lost cause. And they will only further damage themselves if they don't stop.
They will not stop or cannot seem to have failed in their quest. The show must go on and will go on. Or Paul Ryan when he ascends to Speakership, can as a conciliatory gesture, end this farce. Will he or can he?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
They will not stop or cannot seem to have failed in their quest. The show must go on and will go on. Or Paul Ryan when he ascends to Speakership, can as a conciliatory gesture, end this farce. Will he or can he?
The Benghazi hearing, along with the Planned Parenthood hearing, was Boehner's way of throwing a bone to the 'Baggers. He knew full well they were going nowhere, but he'd rather have the Baggers embarrass themselves than to confront them directly.

It is unlikely that Ryan will throw in the towel out of fear of alienating the Baggers, Fox News and Talk Radio (all of whom actually believe that the GOP scored a bunch of big points on Hillary yesterday). They probably continue their work (whatever their work is) and release their report at a strategic time before the election, hoping to damage her in some way.

FWIW, Hillary's campaign set an hourly online fund-raising record in the hour following the hearing.

NOTE: Boehner has just launched yet another special committee on Planned Parenthood.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...sha-blackburn/

Last edited by finnbow; 10-23-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Loyal Opposition

I listened to some reporting on the hearing on NPR. I was disappointed that NPR was far too "neutral" in its coverage. Reporting is as anything more than a farce is not accurate reporting.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-23-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I listened to some reporting on the hearing on NPR. I was disappointed that NPR was far too "neutral" in its coverage. Reporting is as anything more than a farce is not accurate reporting.

Regards,

D-Ray
Thanks to Newt, NPR and PBS are now wholly owned by their corporate underwriters, not least of which is Koch Industries. It's very sad to see how much they've deteriorated.

As for the rest of the electronic media, all I've heard is sound bytes from the "Freedom Caucus" members of the Committee, shrill, insulting and accusatory, with very little of Sec. Clinton's responses provided. There is no attempt at all to provide balance.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Benghazi hearing, along with the Planned Parenthood hearing, was Boehner's way of throwing a bone to the 'Baggers. He knew full well they were going nowhere, but he'd rather have the Baggers embarrass themselves than to confront them directly.

It is unlikely that Ryan will throw in the towel out of fear of alienating the Baggers, Fox News and Talk Radio (all of whom actually believe that the GOP scored a bunch of big points on Hillary yesterday). They probably continue their work (whatever their work is) and release their report at a strategic time before the election, hoping to damage her in some way.

FWIW, Hillary's campaign set an hourly online fund-raising record in the hour following the hearing.

NOTE: Boehner has just launched yet another special committee on Planned Parenthood.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...sha-blackburn/
'Chock Fulla Wingnuts' led by Marsha Blackburn. It oughta be a gas.
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...ttee-wingnuts/
Old 10-24-2015, 01:09 PM

How is this for contrast?

Quote:
It’s important to stress that many “conservatives” (an especially ridiculous term of art in the contemporary American context) still believe they can win in a fair fight, if they can only overcome the mind-control tactics of the feminazis, so************************ts and Muslim-coddlers in the “liberal media.” For the Republican Party’s Beltway leadership and its financial backers among the plutocrat class, the equation clearly looks different. As I have previously argued, the Koch brothers’ many-stranded assault on democracy represents a sophisticated strategic response to the demographic challenges facing the GOP. As it becomes increasingly difficult for Republicans to win elections — at least when a representative sample of the public shows up to vote — the oligarchy’s most efficient path to hegemonic rule lies in paralyzing the political process, depressing or restricting voter turnout and making elections appear meaningless. Or, better still, making them become meaningless.
http://www.salon.com/2015/10/24/beng...rican_current/
Old 10-24-2015, 02:04 PM

"What did she know and what is her connection to Fugazi...."

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/hillary-...gazi-hearings/
Old 10-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Thanks to Newt, NPR and PBS are now wholly owned by their corporate underwriters, not least of which is Koch Industries. It's very sad to see how much they've deteriorated.

As for the rest of the electronic media, all I've heard is sound bytes from the "Freedom Caucus" members of the Committee, shrill, insulting and accusatory, with very little of Sec. Clinton's responses provided. There is no attempt at all to provide balance.
Listening today to a guy on NPR who had interviewed one of the Koch brothers and he was gushing:to his surprise Koch was a really nice person.

I guess the interviewer was solidifying his job.