Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
It does make the point that we are at war.

The article didn't mention Afghanistan.
I did.

And it applies to America being at war right now.
Which Trump can use as justification to increase tariffs.

You quoted my point that technically we are at war with what is clearly a counterpoint.

Quote:"Pretty sure Mexico isn't a terrorist nation and technically Congress hasn't declared war."

My response was "It is called Afghanistan." Which is a snarky way of saying "look we are at war right now."

Just because I don't use a conflict mentioned in the article does not make my point less valid.

You don't have to agree with my statements but you seem to either be extremely obtuse or have a comprehension problem.

I mean whether you believe we are a war or not is up to you. But it is clear that Trump can raise tariffs without Congress if he chooses to do so.

I think for my sanity I need to put you and TJ on the old ignore list. You just rub me the wrong way like sandpaper.

Forgive me everyone else.
And my focus is on Mexico which is the subject of your thread. Who we are in conflict with is not the issue, but whether or not Trump could increase our tariffs if he tried. I think there is a better chance he won't attempt it.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Area Man

Delphi is........was....big in Warren, Ohio where much of my family still resides. The loss of Delphi jobs there has been devastating to Warren. It's a very visible loss, coupled with the loss of one of GEs oldest plants that made florescent lamps since 1911 and a steel mill that's been demolished after operating for 70+ years.

Many in Warren have pinned their hopes on Trump. Their disappointment when that idiotic jackass fails, will be heartbreaking for me.

However, one must consider that Trump is the kind of shit slinging blowhard they go for. These are the people who supported Jim Trafficant for decades. Generally speaking, if these folks support a candidate as strongly as they supported Trump, be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

I'm just sayin'..............

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-21-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And my focus is on Mexico which is the subject of your thread. Who we are in conflict with is not the issue, but whether or not Trump could increase our tariffs if he tried. I think there is a better chance he won't attempt it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/inve...-tariff-trump/
Old 04-26-2017, 08:22 PM

Trumps supporters seem to enjoy playing the victim......