Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
It would be nice if a "business owner" would just obey the law instead of endeavoring to skirt for enhanced profit.
Oh, but they never do that, Zeke. Everything business does they do because they are left with no choice. You haven't figured that out yet?

The big house, swimming pool, stable full of nice cars, European vacations....the "Lord" blessed them with all of that. Or they found it under a rock...........

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-22-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
An example that has nothing to do with business profit.

Chainsaws for the last few year have had carb limiters on them. Sometimes it is not a problem. But, on some models to meet EPA requirements they are just too lean. Two cycle chainsaws rely on the oil in the mix to lubricate. If they are too lean they melt the aluminum off the piston and seize the rings. Good for me I suppose because I get them for nothing put a new top end on and sell them on eBay.
Another problem is that the idle is set to lean and the stall and cut off in the transition from the low to high jet. If you alter the limiters and fix the saw to where it will run properly it is a $25,000 fine if you get caught.
Another problem on weed eaters and blowers is that they put fixed jets in them that you can't clean out most of the time. So, you let it sit for a few months, it gets a bugger in the carb and you have to buy a new carb. If you do that at the dealer it will be $100 bucks or better.

The new saws have a temperature sensor and a chip and a solenoid changes the mix according to the temperature of the cylinder.
Pretty cool actually, but I don't know how reliable that will be and getting it fixed will probably cost a bunch.

Seems like over reach to me, maybe I'm wrong.
Are they making four stroke saws and weed eaters yet? We don't have much use for either out in the desert soI've not been keeping up.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
That is just far left propaganda. Nobody wants pollution. But, you can't get rid of all of it and still manufacture anything here. So, manufacturing moves elsewhere and the left complains about the lack of middle class jobs.

Matter of fact what would be great is a giant invisible hand that would slap the shit out of anybody who threw trash out of a car.

But, do you believe there are enough chainsaws in use in this country to require carb limiters or fixed jets that lean them so much they won't last half as long as the old ones.
Of course you don't want to live with pollution. So, you locate your polluting activities where they won't affect your health, say some shithole country where corrupt officials are more easily bribed..........Oh, I'm sorry...."...conditions are more favorable.".

Then, you're good to go, Praise Jesus.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Are they making four stroke saws and weed eaters yet? We don't have much use for either out in the desert soI've not been keeping up.
Yes, they do. I have a Troybilt four stroke weedeater. Friggin' thing is awesome.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
That is just far left propaganda. Nobody wants pollution. But, you can't get rid of all of it and still manufacture anything here. So, manufacturing moves elsewhere and the left complains about the lack of middle class jobs.

Matter of fact what would be great is a giant invisible hand that would slap the shit out of anybody who threw trash out of a car.

But, do you believe there are enough chainsaws in use in this country to require carb limiters or fixed jets that lean them so much they won't last half as long as the old ones.
Horse shit, I saw my neighbour change out all his plumbing. I tested our well water and it is acid. Far left propoganda my arse
Old 09-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
They make 4 stroke weed eaters that actually have an oil reservoir. The Stihl 4 Mix engines on their weed eaters, blowers, and pole saws are actually four stroke with valves, but you still mix the oil and gas.

So far I don't think anybody has come up with a weight to power ratio that you could sell on a chainsaw.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Horse shit, I saw my neighbour change out all his plumbing. I tested our well water and it is acid. Far left propoganda my arse
Do you have any idea where it came from. I need to put about a ton of lime/ acre on my pasture when I get around to it. Damn cow shit and fertilizer, and leaves.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Area Man

Quote:
They make 4 stroke weed eaters that actually have an oil reservoir. The Stihl 4 Mix engines on their weed eaters, blowers, and pole saws are actually four stroke with valves, but you still mix the oil and gas.

So far I don't think anybody has come up with a weight to power ratio that you could sell on a chainsaw.
My Troybilt requires no mixing of oil & gas.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Do you have any idea where it came from. I need to put about a ton of lime/ acre on my pasture when I get around to it. Damn cow shit and fertilizer, and leaves.
The prevailing winds are mainly from the west. Ohio has a load of coal fired power plants. Few farms close to me so it is not from cow manure. Our location is due west of Baltimore and due north of DC.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
My Troybilt requires no mixing of oil & gas.
I know. It has a reservoir or oil pan. I don't think that can work on something like a chainsaw that need to work horizontal as well as vertical for prolonged periods.