Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM

life is hard, life is harder when you are poor..

the system...

i grew up with money, but unfortunatly i didnt go back to school, and i have sufferd alot because of that. i work a job in a phone room for $9+hr and life is hard. its funny really when i think about it, but ive been considerd "poor" now for about 2 years, and once you are here, the system is designed to keep you here, just basic stuff is hard to get done, and when i get sick, i have to keep working to pay the lights and keep food on the table, living paycheck to paycheck sucks! but im still grateful to have A job.

minimum wage? americas LEGAL slavery,

floridas minimum wage right now is $7.25+hr, have you ever tryed to survive at 7.25 an hour? it may be possibe in a state thats cheap to live in but in south florida, its impossible, well, first of all, if u are jobless you are lucky enough to find a job, you would probubly take anything just to keep your head above water. most places that pay minimum wage are hell holes, burger king kitchens, janitors, and yes, conveniant store clerks, the sad part is that these people working for minimum wage are probubly working as hard as the rest of us. in sometime dangorus conditions. life is hard, but life is harder when you are poor.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
the system...

i grew up with money, but unfortunatly i didnt go back to school, and i have sufferd alot because of that. i work a job in a phone room for $9+hr and life is hard. its funny really when i think about it, but ive been considerd "poor" now for about 2 years, and once you are here, the system is designed to keep you here, just basic stuff is hard to get done, and when i get sick, i have to keep working to pay the lights and keep food on the table, living paycheck to paycheck sucks! but im still grateful to have A job.

minimum wage? americas LEGAL slavery,

floridas minimum wage right now is $7.25+hr, have you ever tryed to survive at 7.25 an hour? it may be possibe in a state thats cheap to live in but in south florida, its impossible, well, first of all, if u are jobless you are lucky enough to find a job, you would probubly take anything just to keep your head above water. most places that pay minimum wage are hell holes, burger king kitchens, janitors, and yes, conveniant store clerks, the sad part is that these people working for minimum wage are probubly working as hard as the rest of us. in sometime dangorus conditions. life is hard, but life is harder when you are poor.
Well, any job is better than no job, but...

If I were you, I think I would try to develop a marketable skill and work my way out of the boiler room.

Chas
Old 01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

If I were you, I think I would try to develop a marketable skill and work my way out of the boiler room.

Chas

plus one
Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Yeah, you're right, Chas. That is the American way, after all. It's what all the smart people do.

Stereorob........................

I grew up poor working class and now make over $65k per year, own my own home and have nearly a quarter million in savings. I am NOT a Republican. See the irony here? Or will I have to explain it?

The system is NOT designed to keep you there. That's absolute bullshit. The minimum wage has absolutely nothing to do with your failure to succeed. That's a personal issue. There is NOTHING holding you back but you. And you call yourself a "Reagan Republican"? Good Lord!

Still don't see the irony?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-30-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yeah, you're right, Chas. That is the American way, after all. It's what all the smart people do.

Stereorob........................

I grew up poor working class and now make over $65k per year, own my own home and have nearly a quarter million in savings. I am NOT a Republican. See the irony here? Or will I have to explain it?

The system is NOT designed to keep you there. That's absolute bullshit. The minimum wage has absolutely nothing to do with your failure to succeed. That's a personal issue. There is NOTHING holding you back but you. And you call yourself a "Reagan Republican"? Good Lord!

Still don't see the irony?

Dave
Don't listen to him Rob. It's the sweat off your ass that keeps him overpaid with those union jobs. See the irony?...see the venom and hate toward you because you're not a union worker, or worse, maybe a WHITE non-union worker? It's not what you make anymore, it's how much the left takes from you and who they give it to. Also, look how these overpaid union thugs are getting exemptions from Obama care while the pro-union Dem's on the Hill are going to FORCE YOU to buy it (even only making $7.25) or go to jail ! Because the Prez is a black Dem...that makes him smart, perfect, caring, and fair. Give me a damn break! The guy is a Marxist idiot that had the balls to come out of the closet. With no real world skills except being able to read a teleprompter and lie REAL WELL, he thinks he is better than you.
They're killing this country Rob...and you know it.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Don't listen to him Rob. It's the sweat off your ass that keeps him overpaid with those union jobs. See the irony?...see the venom and hate toward you because you're not a union worker, or worse, maybe a WHITE non-union worker? It's not what you make anymore, it's how much the left takes from you and who they give it to. Also, look how these overpaid union thugs are getting exemptions from Obama care while the pro-union Dem's on the Hill are going to FORCE YOU to buy it (even only making $7.25) or go to jail ! Because the Prez is a black Dem...that makes him smart, perfect, caring, and fair. Give me a damn break! The guy is a Marxist idiot that had the balls to come out of the closet. With no real world skills except being able to read a teleprompter and lie REAL WELL, he thinks he is better than you.
This post is proof positive of the negative influences of Fox/Talk Radio on our country.

BTW, it's the Dems who fight for an increase in the minimum wage and the GOP who blocks it.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Lord amighty, if dj's brains were gunpowder he couldn't even blow his balls off.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I'm not union either, moron, and it is NOT the sweat of off anyones ass but my own that pays my wages. My employer pays out raises and bonuses based on MERIT.

Explain to me how the minimum wage is holding him down? How is it that "the system" is keeping him poor? Boo, hoo, hoo the Poor baby. He's so exploited and downtrodden by the mean black man in the Whitehouse.........Pathetic......BOTH of you.

You know nothing, your post is worthless.

Dave

BTW, Obama is better than you. He's gone farther in life than you ever will. And THAT just burns at you, doesn't it, LOSER?

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-31-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'm not union either, moron, and it is NOT the sweat of off anyones ass but my own that pays my wages. My employer pays out raises and bonuses based on MERIT.

Explain to me how the minimum wage is holding him down? How is it that "the system" is keeping him poor? Boo, hoo, hoo the Poor baby. He's so exploited and downtrodden by the mean black man in the Whitehouse.........Pathetic......BOTH of you.

You know nothing, your post is worthless.

Dave

BTW, Obama is better than you. He's gone farther in life than you ever will. And THAT just burns at you, doesn't it, LOSER?

Two points:

First, minimum wage is an artificial tax on wages that prompts employers to pay more for certain jobs that they may be worth: not just at the $7.25/hour level. Minimum wage laws cause wage compression further "up the scale" as well. This does have a negative impact on the overall cost of labor, and also the job market. This part of the above post, though crudely stated, I'm forced to agree with.

Second, Obama has certainly reached the pinnacle of power in the world today. By your definition, he's better than all of us. I don't accept that for a minute. A person's profession doesn't define them as an individual. In fact, I can think of a number of political types who I've met who are are horrid human beings.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Second, Obama has certainly reached the pinnacle of power in the world today. By your definition, he's better than all of us. I don't accept that for a minute. A person's profession doesn't define them as an individual. In fact, I can think of a number of political types who I've met who are are horrid human beings.
Beat me to it. I love it when people do that. It means that I have to apply less effort