Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 PM

Trump's press conference aboard CVN 78 Gerald R. Ford

I found it very interesting that Trump decided to hold a press conference aboard the Ford.

It currently is two years behind schedule, and as of 6 months ago, was a little over $600 MILLION dollars over budget.

Flight system
It also cannot launch planes, the EMALS (electromagnetic assist launch system) of three motor generators has only one in working condition, the second has repeatedly failed testing and needs rebuilt, the third caught fire and also needs total rebuilt.

It cannot arrest and capture planes, as the AAG(advanced arresting gear) was not properly installed and has failed numerous testing programs.

It cannot transfer planes and helicopters to/from the flight deck, as 7 of 8 transport elevators do not function.

Threat Detection/interdiction
The eight or so dual band radar/analysis systems to not properly integrate, so the threat radar and friendly tracking systems do not work, and they cannot direct automated fire control, either.

Even if the radar worked, the AWEs(automated weapons elevators) still do not work, so ammunition cannot be transferred from in hull holds to the varied weapons delivery platforms.

Finally, the EALS(large projectile electronic assistance launch system) does not work reliably in wet testing to this point.

This platform thus is incapable of transporting, launching, arresting, recognizing, or protecting our largest and most expensive aircraft carrier to date...not the aircraft carrier I would prance around on to show our might to the world.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Admin

At least we were spared T'Rump sporting this get up...

Old 03-02-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
At least we were spared T'Rump sporting this get up...

Our Trump has far greater illusions of himself.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:55 AM

Bob, even though Bush guarded the Texas/Oklahoma border, and never did the final year and a half of his National Guard duty, I do give him credit for becoming a jet pilot and serving as such. I am not put off by his obvious pride of his service, just the same as Gore being in country as an Army reporter, or Kerry being on the shallow water fleet.

Strings were pulled to get them cherry slots, but each of them actually did time. Trump, on the other hand, hid behind his family doctor and sacrificed by collecting rents for his dad in New York.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Were you in the Navy Sheltiedave?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Persona non grata

Yeah.

Too bad Trump never served in the Military like Obama and the Clinton's.