Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-04-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
The GOP needs to clean house. The freedumb cockups and the fake Xtians need to be relegated back to the fringe.
You're more optimistic than I am. Instead of seeing a shiny apple with a few worms poking out I believe the entire core has rotted, and Newt is responsible for quite a share of it.

Old 10-04-2023, 09:04 AM

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...EA&oe=6522971B

Last edited by bobabode; 10-04-2023 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Pic too large
Old 10-04-2023, 09:24 AM
Jigsawed

A speaker getting the boot...hmm, meh, bah...
Old 10-04-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I nominate Donald Joker Trump. He is unemployed, speaks a lot and has a lot to say. FDuring their morning prayer, all Republican House members will have to kneel and he will love it.
And my joke about nominating DJ Trump is becoming real.

Quote:
Troy Nehls, from Texas, calls Trump ‘the greatest president of my lifetime’ and says he will nominate him to replace Kevin McCarthy

President Trump, the greatest president of my lifetime, has a proven record of putting America first and will make the House great again.”
Hey Troy, care to explain why the greatest president ever lost reelection? Bonus points for saying fraud.

This should be very very interesting if he actually goes through with DJT's acquiescence.

Good that I don't watch TV. Cannot bear the nomination speeches for Trump without stabbing myself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-speaker
Old 10-04-2023, 05:14 PM

A question for the traitors even thinking this. Who do they expect to do his work? Between raging on (un)Truth Social, his FAUX news* TV time, golfing, crashing weddings at MAG-A-Lardo, giving TV interviews, campaigning? Do they honestly expect him to give all that up?

Spoiler alert: There's a law that forbids anyone under indictment where a conviction would have a sentence longer than two years from holding the post. Not that the tRumplican party intend to observe any laws they don't like.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:49 PM

I just saw a video clip where Kevin the spineless wonder blamed the Democrats (instead of "The Crazy Eight's") for committing a political act by voting hime out. Un-frickin' believable. He got what he deserved.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I just saw a video clip where Kevin the spineless wonder blamed the Democrats (instead of "The Crazy Eight's") for committing a political act by voting hime out. Un-frickin' believable. He got what he deserved.
This is why Dem House members spearheaded by the progressives refused to support him for a very simple reason, they just don't trust him, period.

He pulled the same crap after the House voted for the CR last Saturday. For that matter, he did not even give the Dems time to review the CR knowing fully well that they will vote for it to keep the government funded. Next day on all the Sunday morning talk shows he claimed it was the Dems that held up passage of the CR till the last minute.

He will be nothing more than Trump's lapdog. Good riddance.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
A question for the traitors even thinking this. Who do they expect to do his work? Between raging on (un)Truth Social, his FAUX news* TV time, golfing, crashing weddings at MAG-A-Lardo, giving TV interviews, campaigning? Do they honestly expect him to give all that up?

Spoiler alert: There's a law that forbids anyone under indictment where a conviction would have a sentence longer than two years from holding the post. Not that the tRumplican party intend to observe any laws they don't like.
Here is what I found.

Quote:
Yes, the GOP has Rule 26(a) and the Democrats have Rule 4, both of which say the speaker can’t hold the seat while under indictment. However, these rules aren’t legally binding and aren’t always followed.
Since all rules are meant to be broken, Trump can become the Speaker. Only question is does he want the job?

On a serious note though, if he takes the job, the level of chaos he can create as Speaker will be indomitable.

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...4-1e11170437cb
Old 10-05-2023, 12:34 AM

Yeah, it's a rule not a law. So yeah they'll run over that like a runaway train. Him being him will create enough chaos to tank the GOP for years and years to come. Unless of course the Repubs try to steal the election. Which I will be totally surprised if they don't try.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:14 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Indeed, he got what he deserved.