Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Took off early yesterday and whisked the wife to a movie and dinner.

Saw Iron Man 3. Eh, not bad, not great. But what is up with the volume in movie theaters? I ended up making ear plugs out of a napkin and it was still too loud. I'll have to remember real ear plugs the next time I go, I'll still be able to make out dialoge clearly.

Is everyone going deaf?

Pete
I find it varies with the theater. I hate going to the AMC 24 in Hampton, they run the sound so loud, it aggravates the tinnitis in my right ear. Last time we went there, I took ear plugs. The Cinemark over in Norfolk at Military Circle is my favorite. Beautiful theater and the sound is just right.

Dave
Old 05-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Watched a good Norwegian film on Fios last weekend.; "Into the White"-- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1876277/

Pretty good flick and based on a true story.

Also saw the new Star Trek in the theater last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Of course I do kinda have a "thing" for Zoe Saldana....................

Dave
Star Trek, hmmmm. Maybe I'll hit a theater this weekend since everyone is out of town.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I find it varies with the theater. I hate going to the AMC 24 in Hampton, they run the sound so loud, it aggravates the tinnitis in my right ear. Last time we went there, I took ear plugs. The Cinemark over in Norfolk at Military Circle is my favorite. Beautiful theater and the sound is just right.

Dave
Wow, great movie but the sound level was way too high.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Loyal Opposition

Thanks to the folks here for reminding me, I rented Searching for Sugar Man tonight. I really mean thanks. Great film.

I had to write to my son after watching it. We have talked many times about making music for the music vs. making music for the money. The subject of this film had character in spades. He listened to his muse, but never heard the cash register ching. He never had any bitterness about not making it big, and he never had any bitterness about making it big halfway around the world and never knowing it. He had money and fame finally staring him in the face, yet he was just happy to connect with the people who loved his music. He did not change his very humble lifestyle. So glad I got to see it.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Thanks to the folks here for reminding me, I rented Searching for Sugar Man tonight. I really mean thanks. Great film.

I had to write to my son after watching it. We have talked many times about making music for the music vs. making music for the money. The subject of this film had character in spades. He listened to his muse, but never heard the cash register ching. He never had any bitterness about not making it big, and he never had any bitterness about making it big halfway around the world and never knowing it. He had money and fame finally staring him in the face, yet he was just happy to connect with the people who loved his music. He did not change his very humble lifestyle. So glad I got to see it.

Regards,

D-Ray
One of the very best movies that we've seen in years & years.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Admin

Caught Blazing Saddles tonight on cable.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Loyal Opposition

Feeding my inner geek, I rented the 2009 version of Star Trek. I enjoyed it. It was fun to see how they found youthful versions of the familiar characters of the original series.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Admin

On Turner Classic Movies, TCM. 'The Last Hurrah' with Spencer Tracey. It's about a politician, Frank Skeffington.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Area Man

Watched "The Maltese Falcon" last night on Fios.

Bogey still impresses me. Such great acting.

Dave
Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Chronicles
Coriolanus