Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Passage of the ACA has benefited the rich. If the Republicans are able to replace or amend the ACA, I'd lay odds that the rich will benefit.
Interesting perspective. In what ways has the ACA benefited the rich?
Old 06-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Admin

The CBO score is in - 22 million uninsured under Senate version of 'fuck off and die' TrumpCare.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.c9c7647d0930
Old 06-26-2017, 03:35 PM

Shell, I saw my friend's brother die on the street from an impacted tooth that turned septic. He did not have dental insurance, and could not afford to get the tooth pulled.

There are many, many different situations than the one you describe. Most major metro areas have three to as many as ten major hospital networks, and associated insurance plans that have as little as a deductible to 10% hit for significant care, with an inverse pattern of charges for out of network care.

Private hospitals often have a limited number of free or reduced beds, and gleefully divert when their limit is reached. Come to St. Louis and observe personally, you can we it for yourself.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Ready

No, the fix is already in. Four hyper-conservative superstar senators will sink it on the grounds that it isn't 'conservative enough.'

Having a majority, some number of Republicans have to vote against this (or not vote) to stop this thing. The Dems can't do it by themselves.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No, the fix is already in. Four hyper-conservative superstar senators will sink it on the grounds that it isn't 'conservative enough.'

Having a majority, some number of Republicans have to vote against this (or not vote) to stop this thing. The Dems can't do it by themselves.
That, and in all actuality, it is modified Obamacare. So instead of repeal and replace, it is repeal and steal and not even close to resembling campaign promises by our Liar-In-Chief.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
That, and in all actuality, it is modified Obamacare. So instead of repeal and replace, it is repeal and steal and not even close to resembling campaign promises by our Liar-In-Chief.
Yep. The Senate version is beyond cruel to the disabled and seniors. Heaven help those 60% of senior citizens in 'old folks homes' who depend on Medicaid to help pay for their board and care. That will all be gone by the time my wife and I will need it if this shit assed bill passes.

Fucking cruel and heartless doesn't begin to describe this Libertarian utopia envisioned by Paul Ryan, Turtle McConnell and Trump.

Ironic thing is Paul Ryan was a beneficiary of Social Security survivor benefits when his dad died early and Turtle McConnell was saved by the 'March of Dimes' when he had polio as a child.

Maybe Rev. Wright had a point when he said, "God damn America"? I dunno but it seems to fit living under a orange hued NY gangster slumlord and his willing accomplices in congress.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Understood, but the idiots who voted for these slimeballs aren't the brightest bulbs. Their somnambulist master, Limbaugh, just needs to blame it on obstruction by the Dems, and they won't look any further; they don't read, thus are easily persuaded. Facts, schmatcs for Trump supporters.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 PM

Cruz isn't stupid. Opposing Obamacare is his justification for existence. He certainly doesn't want to take ownership of something he can be blamed for later. This way he can rail against it. I figure he may vote yes if there are enough no votes so he can tell his followers he fought bravely until the last.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 PM

D-ray, I would venture that ACA has been a relative boon to some insurance companies, and definitely has led to a boomlet for medical care professionals. So, tangentially, a small boom for the wealthy.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
D-ray, I would venture that ACA has been a relative boon to some insurance companies, and definitely has led to a boomlet for medical care professionals. So, tangentially, a small boom for the wealthy.
There's also the construction aspect with all those new emergency rooms and urgent care facilities sprouting up. In addition, there is the economic multiplication factor to consider.