Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
All the woman wanted was a baby. What the big deal in how it happens? Or was it that it had a cost associated with it. For an organization that is steadfast in it views on abortion I don't see their argument against in vitro fertilization.

http://www.courier-journal.com/viewa...e=nletter-news

BTW parochial schools now receive state tax dollars for students who's families are eligible for vouchers. Removing the dollars from the local public schools.

Barney
Guess they figure it is spare the rod and spoil the child.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Guess they figure it is spare the rod and spoil the child.
Dirty old man.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Yes, I can.

Are these mostly parochial schools or schools with religious affiliations or are the big buck prep schools doing it too?

John
We have a fair amount of both, but the Catholic schools are the ones loosing more students to public do to the pricing, The Christian and Military inspired schools are holding steady I have heard from the teachers at my local school.

But next year there will be no limit to the number of students who can transfer schools. Up to now the state had a limit on transfers.

Barney
Old 09-19-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
All the woman wanted was a baby. What the big deal in how it happens? Or was it that it had a cost associated with it. For an organization that is steadfast in it views on abortion I don't see their argument against in vitro fertilization.

http://www.courier-journal.com/viewa...e=nletter-news

BTW parochial schools now receive state tax dollars for students who's families are eligible for vouchers. Removing the dollars from the local public schools.

Barney
Oerets,

Here is more from the Vatican on in-vitro fertilization.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...n-life_en.html
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 PM

I think I understand the arguments about the storage of fertilized eggs and all the concepts of life beginning at conception. But a chance at a life is still better then no chance at all.

The inconsistency also goes deeper in my eyes in that if one really believes in a life after death. Then would not the life ended by abortion or in vitro be spared the pains of having to endure living in the here and now and go to the after life? I could see their argument more strongly if this was indeed the only life and no other. So me thinks they are not to sure in their faith.

Barney
Old 09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
I think I understand the arguments about the storage of fertilized eggs and all the concepts of life beginning at conception. But a chance at a life is still better then no chance at all.

The inconsistency also goes deeper in my eyes in that if one really believes in a life after death. Then would not the life ended by abortion or in vitro be spared the pains of having to endure living in the here and now and go to the after life? I could see their argument more strongly if this was indeed the only life and no other. So me thinks they are not to sure in their faith.

Barney
Helluva a post, Barney.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

A common thing among Christians is, when they're having a hard time of things, "I wish I would hurry up and die!' and so then be in heaven

But, it is not up to us.

Pete
Old 09-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
A common thing among Christians is, when they're having a hard time of things, "I wish I would hurry up and die!' and so then be in heaven

But, it is not up to us.

Pete
If one really believed this 100% then why go to a Doctor when sick at all. Take medications or get glasses. One should think a Creator enabled us with the tools to have control over our life's.

Barney
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:

Barney
I see where you are coming from but you have ignored the Vatican's position on several topics and replaced them with your own.

Here is a big one. You posit that ending a life by abortion or in vitro would be spared the pains of having to endure living. Such a position ignores another rule -- the rule against abortion. The overriding position of the Vatican is to let nature run its course and to not intervene. Abortion and in vitro selection are impermissible interventions, e.g. man is playing God.

I'm no expert at this stuff. It just seems to me that the paper consistently applies a rule against human intervention between procreation of married spouses.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM

Ahhh intervention only matters when it comes to procreation and by the interpretation of celibate men. But to keep on alive when sick is a totally different matter!

Barney