Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
How is enforcing the blockade condemnable?
The blockade itself is condemnable. Enforcing it - by any means - is likewise condemnable. Enforcing it by means of a commando raid on an unarmed ship in international waters doubly so. Killing ten innocent people in the process makes it an international crime but for Israel that's just another brick in the hod.

Quote:
We wouldn't have let them land.
Are you sure? Even if you're right would we choose to use similar tactics? Would we do it in international waters?

Of course, your assertion also presumes we would institute such a blockade in the first place. I sure hope you're wrong.

John
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sorry, perfectly legal. So not piracy.

Subjugating a race that's trying to wipe you off the planet, sure.

Pete
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The blockade itself is condemnable. Enforcing it - by any means - is likewise condemnable. Enforcing it by means of a commando raid on an unarmed ship in international waters doubly so. Killing ten innocent people in the process makes it an international crime but for Israel that's just another brick in the hod.

Are you sure? Even if you're right would we choose to use similar tactics? Would we do it in international waters?

Of course, your assertion also presumes we would institute such a blockade in the first place. I sure hope you're wrong.

John
We wouldn't need the blockade, it would be dealt with already. I should say, 'I pity the foo', that bombs us. Fact, not bravado.

A blockade is a legitimate wartime tool. Those commandos didn't kill anyone on any other ship - why?

You attack solders, just what do you expect, rose pedals?

The sad fact is, Israels enemies have no use for peace. They need an outside enemy to keep inside order. So they demonise the Jews.

Pete
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Sorry, perfectly legal. So not piracy.
Who mentioned piracy?

Israel claims it's at war with the Palestinian people so the raid was "legal" as a military action in time of war. Only trouble is the ship wasn't Palestinian and most of the people aboard her weren't either. There are many people who know a lot more about international law than we do who view this as a crime under international law.

Quote:
Subjugating a race that's trying to wipe you off the planet, sure.
So, the entire Palestinian race, every man, woman and child, wants to destroy Israel?

John
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
We wouldn't need the blockade, it would be dealt with already. I should say, 'I pity the foo', that bombs us. Fact, not bravado.
Yeah, look what happened to bin Laden!

Quote:
A blockade is a legitimate wartime tool. Those commandos didn't kill anyone on any other ship - why?
'Cuz they only boarded one?

Quote:
You attack solders, just what do you expect, rose pedals?
"Attack"? Looked more like self-defense to me. Stupid, yes, but I think you're confused about who attacked whom.

Quote:
The sad fact is, Israels enemies have no use for peace.
Neither does Israel.

Quote:
They need an outside enemy to keep inside order. So they demonise the Jews.
Horse shit! Israel isn't an outside enemy. It's an occupier. It's right there in their faces every day creating disorder, deprivation and death.

John
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

This is kinda fun.

Blockades have been around a long time. Intercepting ships in international waters does not violate international law during a blockade.

If for some reason we decided a blockade was neccessary somewhere, it wouldn't matter who you were - you'd get boarded. That's a blockade.

Because Turkey put their official stamp on this, on a group who obviously PLANNED on attacking soldiers, think about that and what it means....

So, the entire German race, every man, woman, and child, wanted to starve the Ukraine?

Pete
Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Two concurrent arguments between two people on the same subject.

Do we get an award?

Pete