Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Godless communism, it's driving them insane

Seriously, it is weird. Why do they go after the kids?

Pete
They're nuts. That's why they do it.

Chas
Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
They're nuts. That's why they do it.

Chas
I know I'm far from the most religious person on this board, but I think it's more than being nuts. In addition to having something wrong with their head, I think there's something wrong with their soul. I'm not quite sure how to define it, but such conduct is clearly evil. Saying they are nuts tends to alleviate the magnitude of their offense.

Next week's sermon will be on tithing.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I know I'm far from the most religious person on this board, but I think it's more than being nuts. In addition to having something wrong with their head, I think there's something wrong with their soul. I'm not quite sure how to define it, but such conduct is clearly evil. Saying they are nuts tends to alleviate the magnitude of their offense.

Regards,

D-Ray
Perhaps dismissing them as being nuts is overly simplistic. Is "criminally insane" any better?

While a terrorist may bomb a school for political reasons, an insane person may shoot a group of children because the voices in his head tell him to do it.

Guess I'm kind of a "Big Picture" kind of guy concerning this type of behavior. I don't much care how they're described or what their reasons are...just kill 'em like an egg sucking dog.

We don't need 'em around.

Chas

PS: My wife's home early. Adios.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:22 AM

Bingo on what Chas said. They're irretrievably messed up. Bad outta the box. Fundamentally flawed. The sooner they get to take their Eternal Dirt Nap, the better.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

I'm with Chas and Sandy, everytime we see this sort of thing on the news Florence will look at me and ask"Why do some people do these things". My answer is always the same, if I knew then I would probably be as bad as they are, bad wiring in their brains, no conscience, who knows,but they can't be fixed with what we know today and they can't be turned loose on society.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
One thing I'd think you can be pretty sure of-the perps won't get to see Old Age...And the Chicoms won't give a shyte over their motivation, no agonisin' over if they're crazy, whether their mommies were good to 'em, interminable appeals, no anti-death penalty protests, etc...They'll have a kangaroo court, take 'em out back, kneel 'em down, & put a bullet in the back of their heads. Nighty-night, & then bill their families for the cost of the bullet. Next case...
They don't do the bullet in the head anymore, they have mobile execution buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
I agree. Probably possessed but at least 'under the influence'. Although it would be difficult for a non Christian to understand.

So tithing - for or against?

Pete
Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
So tithing - for or against?

Pete
We all tithe whether we like it or not. It's called the "Faith Based Initiative". My Dad called it "The Jesus Tax". (Thank you GWB.)
Beyond that, I would say if you wish to waste ten percent of your income supporting the organized religion industry, that's your business.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-14-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Organised religion gets pounded very hard, and often for very good reason.

However the church I grew up in was full of very decent folks. Even though the members were overall generous we were constantly in the red from giving too much.

Pete
Old 05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Area Man

Well, then, by all means give and give as generously as you can, Pete.

The one I grew up in was full of good folks too. And one Reverend in particular affected my life in a very profound way. But he is dead and that church is 500 miles away. I'm sure there are some good ones around here, but as I've grown older and watched religion become more and more of a political tool, my distaste for it has grown. I don't think I could stomach it anymore.

Dave
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM

I've only meet one preacher that interested me. I suspect that he had some real life experiences before he took up the Good Book. Hellfire and Damnation wasn't his bag.

He was one of the most likable and reasonable people I've ever met. Funny thing is, the majority of the flock thought he was a dud.

Oh well, God spends as much time on the creek bank as he does in Church.

Chas