Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The biggest problem is it just kicks the can a little farther down the street. Sure, we get rid of a polluting industry but by palming it off on someone else. What needs to happen is for us to keep the industries (and the jobs they provide) here while looking for ways to "green 'em up" a bit.

John
As if sending them to China is going to stop the arctic ice cap from melting, better we had kept them and figured out how to clean them up.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As if sending them to China is going to stop the arctic ice cap from melting, better we had kept them and figured out how to clean them up.

I think that was his point, Rob. And +1 to that.

Dave
Old 06-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well I doubt that I will live long enough to see the dabacle, but I fear for my granddaughters.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Area Man

We're in agreement, Rob. And I fear for you granddaughters too.

The coming generations are going to have it very tough. At least until our dumbass government and business leaders finally figure out that the people who make the stuff are the same people who buy it. When workers can no longer afford to buy what they make, due to either high taxes or low wages, the system collapses. Right? The "working class" is the most populous segment of society, is it not? Killing their buying power, be it through heavy taxation and/or low wages can only lead to one place---"Brother, can you spare a dime?"

This is why I went Independent, I think both of our parties are, "Paralyzed from the neck up.", as my Pops used to say.

Dave
Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
We share some common history, Pete. One night in 1980, some friends and I had gotten drunk on Mickeys Big Mouth and were driving around near the Republic (Now Severstal) Mill in Warren smoking weed in my buddies '73 Buick Deuce and a Quarter when we got the notion to pop in through a hole in the fence. We went exploring around in some of the abandoned buildings on the sight. (One of them was an old "Plant Medical Clinic" that looked like it had been empty since the 1950's. It was really cool.) Anyhow, at some point we had wandered onto the railyard and started pulling airbrakes. The yard bulls caught us. Scary Dudes, they actually carried shotguns back then.

The old man was not happy picking me up at the police station. I believe what he asked when our eyes met was; "Are you paralyzed from the neck up?!" Ahh, the heartwarming memories of my youth...........

Regards,
Dave
Paralyzed from the neck up? Lol!

I ran into the rail dicks riding the frt trains in Venice IL, they still used rock salt loads in their shotguns!

Pete