Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I think the thing about the ladies from California is that they bring the CEO/corporate mindset with them -- The most important thing is the bottom line. I think there are more important priorities than the corporate bottom line. Corporate America does well enough protecting its bottom line without help from the Uncle.

Regards,

D-Ray
That's one way to look at it.

Another way is that they understand how to succeed at something. And they can count.

Chas
Old 06-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's one way to look at it.

Another way is that they understand how to succeed at something. And they can count.

Chas
I wouldn't exactly call Carly Fiorina's tenure at HP a success. She sent thirty thousand jobs to China, sent HP's stock down the tubes and got her sorry ass fired. Her severance package is largely responsible for her being a billionaire.

John
Old 06-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I think the thing about the ladies from California is that they bring the CEO/corporate mindset with them -- The most important thing is the bottom line. I think there are more important priorities than the corporate bottom line. Corporate America does well enough protecting its bottom line without help from the Uncle.

Regards,

D-Ray
I think in general women are easier to trust. In this atmosphere of corruption, I think women have an edge. Same as if we were in a "real" war, where our shores were at stake, men would have the edge politically. It certainly doesn't hurt either sex to have a truly amazing buisness resume right now. But like the liberal media, I won't give any credit to Palin. Some bimbo on MSNBC attributed their success to Hillary Clinton.

As far as Obama kicking ass, I can't even get a visual image of that after all the apologizing he has done for us. If anything at all good comes from this horrible tragedy, it will be that Obama gets outed for the incompetent boob that he is. I think it's hilarious when FOX News busts his balls for something and then he does whatever it is in the next day or two. I honestly believe that he has NO clue how to handle something this big.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I honestly believe that he has NO clue how to handle something this big.
so whom do you think could handle something this big?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post
so whom do you think could handle something this big?
I could name a number of politicians that I feel could be doing a much better job. What has Obama done? Has he even called BP's CEO yet? I just can't understand why comunicating with the CEO of this company would be a bad idea. Seriously though, what has Obama done now that we are approaching two months?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I could name a number of politicians that I feel could be doing a much better job.
please name one.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post
please name one.
I can guarentee that you would not approve of them. Let's try it this way. How would the left (and the mainstream media) be reacting if it was a republican sitting on his hands while the gulf coast is being destroyed. I truly believe that every move Obama makes has more to do with "him" than with anything else. I can imagine him pondering "How will this affect me and my ability to get my agenda through". I only hope that we can get to November before too much more damage is done. I can see the Democrats using this tragedy to help shove Cap and Trade through.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I can guarentee that you would not approve of them. Let's try it this way. How would the left (and the mainstream media) be reacting if it was a republican sitting on his hands while the gulf coast is being destroyed. I truly believe that every move Obama makes has more to do with "him" than with anything else. I can imagine him pondering "How will this affect me and my ability to get my agenda through". I only hope that we can get to November before too much more damage is done. I can see the Democrats using this tragedy to help shove Cap and Trade through.
What else should he have done? Should he have taken over an oil company?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Watching Newshour's Shields and Brooks (damn I wish that man would sit still) last night I can only conclude that as far as the media is concerned Obama can't win. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If I was in his shoes I would ask for airtime Monday night and tell the country "I quit, you can take the Presidency and shove it".
Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
What else should he have done? Should he have taken over an oil company?

Regards,

D-Ray
"Barack Petroleum" has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

For one, he could spend a little less time on the links and a little more time trying to expedite the cleanup. Myself, the first ass I would kick would be the EPA's for dragging their feet. Then I'd check my list.

And I have to agree with the Dogman...Obammy talking tough is laughable.

Chas