Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The GOP did a masterful job of character assassination on Hillary. The best tarring and feathering in the history of our nation. For Harris to leave the ticket she will have to make it her decision, move over to an important position in the administration (or possible SC nomination) and campaign heavily for Biden to make up for not being on the ticket.
Every politician has a huge ego. There is a standing joke that when a Senator looks himself in the mirror, they see a future president.

Unfortunately, this misguided ego also puts themselves and their ego ahead of the country. Biden should have declared himself a one term president, groom an electible successor and he would have walked out into the sunset as a hero. Now here he is after a very successful term can beat Trump, only if he is convicted. Otherwise it will be a rat race and the formal Benghazi treatment of Biden started just this week.

Six months from now, Biden and Impeach will be synonymous. And as you have mentioned, the GOP is incredibly good at negative messaging.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:31 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Every politician has a huge ego. There is a standing joke that when a Senator looks himself in the mirror, they see a future president.

Unfortunately, this misguided ego also puts themselves and their ego ahead of the country. Biden should have declared himself a one term president, groom an electible successor and he would have walked out into the sunset as a hero. Now here he is after a very successful term can beat Trump, only if he is convicted. Otherwise it will be a rat race and the formal Benghazi treatment of Biden started just this week.

Six months from now, Biden and Impeach will be synonymous. And as you have mentioned, the GOP is incredibly good at negative messaging.
Sometimes the push to get another term comes from close adherents around a politician. There is their fear of losing power and wealth if their man is no longer in power.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Biden should have declared himself a one term president, groom an electible successor and he would have walked out into the sunset as a hero. Now here he is after a very successful term can beat Trump, only if he is convicted. Otherwise it will be a rat race and the formal Benghazi treatment of Biden started just this week.

A couple of things I disagree with. Convicted or not tRump will lose against Biden. tRump being tRump has proven nothing over three years more than he is unfit for the office. Second, unless the GOP Follies can come up with evidence of Biden crimes this revenge impeachment could likely backfire. The Dems do have to "up" their messaging game however. Maybe they could hire a disgruntled Repub to coach them?
Old 09-14-2023, 09:09 AM
Ready

Agree with Rick.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:09 AM
Jigsawed

Biden's frailty argument is growing. How consequential is hard to discern. However, the many pictures of old infirm powerful politicians surrounded by sycophants seem to create a stir.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Agree with Rick.
Red votes Repub, Blue votes Dem and we have swing voters in five to seven states that decides who will be president. Not what I would call a robust democracy. In November 2024, no one can really predict how the swing voters are going to vote and HRC's loss should be a cautionary tale.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Ready

I see it like this. If not Biden, who? If it's Kamala Harris, she's probably weaker than Biden in the swing states. If's it's anyone else, a lot of black women are offended and stay home and that person is weaker everywhere. So Biden is the strongest candidate available at this point.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I see it like this. If not Biden, who?
That is the fundamental problem, a choice of one forced upon Dem voters by the party. So if its Biden or 'no one' some independents choose 'no one'. And if Kam Harris is not the VP candidate, the black voters will stay home.

Now that the Dem party has dispensed with Super delegates, next decision should be holding mandatory primaries. No more anointing of candidates or HRC saga will repeat.

I am a dyed in the wool Biden fan who believes he is a true public servant, bit gaffe prone which only makes him human and his commitment to his family and loved ones is an enviable trait. And let's not forget that his team ran a flawless campaign in 2020, has managed a very efficient and scandal free administration to date and gets very little credit yet we don't hear him bitching and moaning about it like TFG the moron.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Admin

Democrats evidently have to fall in love with a candidate, while Repubs fall in line, slavishly. Same old, same old. smh
Old 09-14-2023, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Opinion | President Biden should not run again in 2024
By David Ignatius
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...on-step-aside/

Wow. This is one of the most respected journalists in Washington. He's no Faux "News" "reporter", nor one of Whell's favorite idiots. This can't be ignored by the DNC.
So maybe the democrats should nominate Manchin, if he's the one with the best chance of winning. I dont think so. If winning is all that matters, I dont want to win that bad. Writing off decency in order to win makes this country worse than it already is.

Joe has been a pretty good boss. Better than most, maybe better than Obama. If the American people would choose Trump, or any of the other GOP scum over Joe, then we have all the proof we need that the idiotic American electorate gets exactly the kind of government it deserves.

And me and the blonde could very well be off to Sweden, or even Ireland.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-14-2023 at 02:22 PM.