Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:11 PM
Admin

Judge green lights defamation lawsuit against Fox, Lou Dobbs - AP

NEW YORK (AP) — A defamation lawsuit against Fox Corp., Fox News Network and Lou Dobbs can proceed toward trial, a judge ruled Monday after concluding that a Venezuelan businessman had made sufficient claims of being unfairly accused of trying to corrupt the 2020 U.S. presidential election to be permitted to gather more evidence.

The lawsuit filed last year alleged that businessman Majed Khalil was defamed by Dobbs on “Lou Dobbs Tonight” and in tweets.

It said the former Fox personality joined with attorney Sidney Powell on a December 2020 show to claim that Khalil and three others designed and developed programs and machines to corrupt the presidential election.

Lawyers for Fox and Dobbs had tried to convince U.S. District Judge Louis L. Stanton in Manhattan to toss out the lawsuit before evidence such as depositions and emails could be reviewed, but the judge said Khalil had sufficiently claimed that his reputation was harmed by false accusations.

The judge said Khalil may be able to argue to a jury that actual malice occurred because the defendants “repeatedly maintained their claims about Khalil long after Powell's election fraud theories were challenged.”

He wrote that numerous reports declaring the falsity of claims against voting machine manufacturers Smartmatic Corp. and Dominion Voting Systems and rejecting Powell as a source of accurate information gave the defendants “reasons to doubt Powell's veracity and the accuracy of her reports.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...803840e789f8f3

I hope they sue these cretins back to the stone age.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:23 PM

Why Republicans are elated by ‘triumph’ of Italy’s Giorgia Meloni

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...giorgia-meloni

Quote:
The election victory of Italy’s Giorgia Meloni this week has been met with cheers from US Republicans, who are heaping praise on the right-wing European leader despite concerns that she heads a political party with neo-fascist roots.
Despite? Because she's a fascist, more likely, just like today's Repukes.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The House passed a short-term government funding patch on Friday, sending the measure to President Joe Biden hours before a shutdown would’ve kicked in at midnight...
The top Republican on the House Appropriations Committee, Rep. Kay Granger, who helped negotiate the bill, joined the swath of GOP members who opposed it. Asked if she could explain why she voted against it, the Texas lawmaker replied Friday: “No, I can’t.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tdown-00059789
Old 10-01-2022, 08:57 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Near sundown one night this week in West Texas, a white-bearded jail warden and his twin brother allegedly drove past a group of migrants trekking through the desert. Then, authorities say, the warden stopped the truck and backed up.

Migrants scrambled to hide in the brush, and later told authorities they could hear a man’s voice cursing at them to “come out." Then the warden allegedly fired a pair of shotgun blasts in their direction.

“Did you get him?" the warden’s brother allegedly asked him, according to a state affidavit released Friday.

A man from the group was killed, and a woman was shot in the stomach. The brothers allegedly drove away without checking to see if the bullets had hit anyone, investigators said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...migrants-shot/
Old 10-01-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Near sundown one night this week in West Texas, a white-bearded jail warden and his twin brother allegedly drove past a group of migrants trekking through the desert. Then, authorities say, the warden stopped the truck and backed up.

Migrants scrambled to hide in the brush, and later told authorities they could hear a man’s voice cursing at them to “come out." Then the warden allegedly fired a pair of shotgun blasts in their direction.

“Did you get him?" the warden’s brother allegedly asked him, according to a state affidavit released Friday.

A man from the group was killed, and a woman was shot in the stomach. The brothers allegedly drove away without checking to see if the bullets had hit anyone, investigators said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...migrants-shot/
Aren't these the people the Republicans call invaders? When you radicalize your followers into believing people who aren't like them are their enemies, then those people's lives don't matter
Old 10-01-2022, 12:38 PM

Old 10-01-2022, 06:45 PM
Ready

I'm curious, should this be classed as right-wing violence or left-wing violence?
Old 10-02-2022, 05:20 PM

Before and After pictures.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:27 PM
Admin

This one's for you Kevin McCarthy - Maga, Ca.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1577066779351949328
Old 10-04-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
This one's for you Kevin McCarthy - Maga, Ca.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1577066779351949328
Scrolling down a bit I see John Fetterman's tweet about the man from Oz. Funny stuff.