Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 PM

Truth in a Post-Truth Era: Sandy Hook Families Sue Alex Jones, Conspiracy Theorist

InfoWars: Where disgusting pigs like Whell get their "news".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/u...andy-hook.html

More than five years after one of the most horrific mass shootings in modern history, the families of Sandy Hook victims are still enduring daily threats and online abuse from people who believe bogus theories spread by Mr. Jones, whom President* Trump has praised for his “amazing” reputation.

Now, for the first time, the families are confronting Mr. Jones in court.

“When anybody’s behind a machine, whether it’s a gun or a computer or a car, a dehumanization takes place that makes it easier to commit an act of violence,” Veronique De La Rosa, the mother of Noah Pozner, another victim, said in an interview. She is suing Mr. Jones, she said, because she wants to force him to admit to his devotees that “he peddled a falsehood, that Sandy Hook is real and that Noah was a real, living, breathing little boy who deserved to live out the rest of his life.”

In three separate lawsuits — the most recent was filed on Wednesday in Superior Court in Bridgeport, Conn. — the families of eight Sandy Hook victims as well as an F.B.I. agent who responded to the shooting seek damages for defamation. The families allege in one suit, filed by Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder in Bridgeport, that Mr. Jones and his colleagues “persistently perpetuated a monstrous, unspeakable lie: that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged, and that the families who lost loved ones that day are actors who faked their relatives’ deaths.”

More broadly, the families are seeking society’s verdict on “post truth” culture in which widely disseminated lies damage lives and destroy reputations, yet those who spread them are seldom held accountable. The suit filed on Wednesday emphasizes Mr. Jones’s reach and connection to Mr. Trump. On his show last year, Mr. Jones called himself and his listeners “the operating system of Trump.” Later he said, “I’m making it safe for everybody else to speak out just like Trump’s doing, on a much bigger scale.”

When the president* called the news media the “enemy of the people” last year, Mr. Jones proudly tweeted that he used the phrase first, in 2015.

Mr. Trump has also echoed InfoWars’ false claims that Hillary Clinton benefited from the votes of millions of illegal immigrants in the election, and repeated InfoWars’ bogus charge that the news media covers up terrorist attacks.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Finally Fox is telling it like it is.

Here is Fox & Friends host Abby Huntsman chatting about the upcoming summit between Trump and Kim.
Quote:
“This is history,” Huntsman said over video showing Trump arriving in Singapore ahead of Tuesday’s meeting with Kim.

“Regardless of what happens in that meeting between the two dictators, what we are seeing right now ― this is history,” she continued.
At least she corrected herself later.
Quote:
Huntsman later corrected herself on the show.

“As you know on live TV, sometimes you don’t always say things perfectly,” she said. “I called both President Trump and Kim Jon Un a dictator. I did not mean to say that. My mistake, so I apologize for that.”
But still the damage is done, a meeting of two dictators, one is real the other is just a blowhard wannabee.

Remember Megyn Kelly's gaffe with Huckabee's name?

Last edited by Rajoo; 06-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Rational Anarchist

The proverbial Freudian slip.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Finally Fox is telling it like it is.

Here is Fox & Friends host Abby Huntsman chatting about the upcoming summit between Trump and Kim.

At least she corrected herself later.

But still the damage is done, a meeting of two dictators, one is real the other is just a blowhard wannabee.

Remember Megyn Kelly's gaffe with Huckabee's name?
Jon Huntsman's daughter is a funny one.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Jon Huntsman's daughter is a funny one.
Do you remember when Jon Huntsman the presidential candidate said;

"I refuse to kiss his ring or any other part of his anatomy for that matter."?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Do you remember when Jon Huntsman the presidential candidate said;

"I refuse to kiss his ring or any other part of his anatomy for that matter."?
Yep, seems like a decade ago. Now he's Trump's ambassador to Russia.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:50 PM

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Judge OKs AT&T merger with Time Warner, rejecting government argument it would hurt pay-TV consumers, competition.
1:45 PM · Jun 12, 2018

A huge FU to Donny and his assault on the 1st amendment. The anti-CNN tweets will be coming soon. Poor Donny!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Judge OKs AT&T merger with Time Warner, rejecting government argument it would hurt pay-TV consumers, competition.

A huge FU to Donny and his assault on the 1st amendment. The anti-CNN tweets will be coming soon. Poor Donny!
And, of course, the Democrats. Clinton stated that she had concerns about the merger during the 2016 campaign. Al Franken, in between his episodes of tit and ass grabbing, voiced his opposition to the merger. Democratic Sen. Ed Markey stated that the Justice Department should take action against AT&T and Time Warner “using one lens only: Will it result in substantial harms to competition and consumers.” Sen. Brian Schatz said: “The burden of proof is on the Justice Department to establish that there is no political interference in their Antitrust Division,” he said.

But hey, you want to push the fake news that this is all about Trump. You go right ahead.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The Associated Press
@AP

If you're at all interested in looking at the impact of the merger through something other than an "anti-Trump" lens, here's a pretty thorough and fairly accurate article:

https://www.thenation.com/article/at...g-bad-country/
Old 06-13-2018, 08:01 AM
Jigsawed

A ruling in favor of Trump's business class.