Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
FWIW, I've never once clicked on one of your youtube links and don't plan to.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
FWIW, I've never once clicked on one of your youtube links and don't plan to.
Well Pin a Rose on Your Nose.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Then, why his tweet "@DanScavino: Ford to scrap Mexico plant, invest in Michigan due to Trump policies" when Trump has implemented exactly zero policies thus far? It takes a special kind of stupid to believe that Ford made a $1.6 billion dollar business decision based upon one of many mendacious Trump campaign promises.
The answers are out there if you care to look. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...rump.html?_r=0

But the moves raise questions about how competitive the country’s auto industry can be if its manufacturing options shrink in Mexico, and what the implications will be for consumers. For now, at least, some executives are praising Mr. Trump’s economic plans.

“We are encouraged by the pro-growth plans that President-elect Trump and the new Congress indicate they will pursue,” Mark Fields, Ford’s chief executive, said at an event on Tuesday.

That same article cites a recognition of the fact that Trump has a sensitivity to off shoring jobs.

Quote:
You're the one who brought up my "unsustainable" comment made in reference to the Carrier deal (the details of which still have not been made public, BTW). It remains to be seen if the Trump administration is successful in creating jobs at a pace equal to that of Obama. Time will tell.
That's because you've used that term rather gloabally to refer to Trump's efforts to retain jobs. However, if Trump equals Obama's pace at creating or retaining jobs, particularly the type of jobs created in the past 8 years, I think Trump's presidency will be regarded as a failure.

Quote:
I guess I'm just a bit more skeptical than you or Joad when it comes to reveling in the Wonders of Trump. Given his proclivity to lie and take credit for anything positive, a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted. Your attempts to convince the rest of us take Trump's self-serving claims at face value (like you obviously have) is highly entertaining though.
Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump". But the left has become absolutely unhinged since the election, and the mindless hatred on left at Trump is glaring. As evidence, it's difficult to find much in the media, certainly not in this thread, that indicates happiness about 700 jobs being created in Michigan. By contrast, Obama and company kept telling us "those jobs aren't coming back", we should accept this as the new normal, and government retraining was a worker's best hope.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The answers are out there if you care to look. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...rump.html?_r=0

But the moves raise questions about how competitive the country’s auto industry can be if its manufacturing options shrink in Mexico, and what the implications will be for consumers. For now, at least, some executives are praising Mr. Trump’s economic plans.

“We are encouraged by the pro-growth plans that President-elect Trump and the new Congress indicate they will pursue,” Mark Fields, Ford’s chief executive, said at an event on Tuesday.

That same article cites a recognition of the fact that Trump has a sensitivity to off shoring jobs.

That's because you've used that term rather gloabally to refer to Trump's efforts to retain jobs. However, if Trump equals Obama's pace at creating or retaining jobs, particularly the type of jobs created in the past 8 years, I think Trump's presidency will be regarded as a failure.

Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump". But the left has become absolutely unhinged since the election, and the mindless hatred on left at Trump is glaring. As evidence, it's difficult to find much in the media, certainly not in this thread, that indicates happiness about 700 jobs being created in Michigan. By contrast, Obama and company kept telling us "those jobs aren't coming back", we should accept this as the new normal, and government retraining was a worker's best hope.
Needs more straw, Mike.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump"...
Except you, Tom Joad, and ZeroJunk - the 3 Musketeers of Trump sycophancy. In fact, you all look so very cute in your cheerleader outfits.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Except you, Tom Joad, and ZeroJunk - the 3 Musketeers of Trump sycophancy. In fact, you all look so very cute in your cheerleader outfits.

...and Trumpolini stiffed those little girls. Stay kkklassy Donnie.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Needs more straw, Mike.
Quote:
The two of you ran out of gas - including having much of substance to post - on election night, and these two posts demonstrate that sad truth.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
The two of you ran out of gas - including having much of substance to post - on election night, and these two posts demonstrate that sad truth.
You call the dreck you've been posting here "substantial"?

OK, that's some pretty funny shit there, Mike.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
The guy who calls real news fake news and defends every boastful idiocy emanating from der Trumpenfuhrer criticizes others for lack of substance. That's some funny shit there, yo. Are you hoping for an ambassadorship to South Sudan or Uzbekistan?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You call the dreck you've been posting here "substantial"?

OK, that's some pretty funny shit there, Mike.
Quote:
The guy who calls real news fake news and defends every boastful idiocy emanating from der Trumpenfuhrer criticizes others for lack of substance. That's some funny shit there, yo. Are you hoping for an ambassadorship to South Sudan or Uzbekistan?
Two more posts where the respondents want to make the thread about me, rather than the good news about what Ford is doing. Nothing new here folks. Let's move along.