Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, I do know that. If you read the article I posted, you might have seen that this issue has been going on for decades. Trump's only been around for 3.5 years. Unless you believe that Trump has discovered time travel....
Donny's idiotic "solution", you may recall, was to "go out and rake the forests!". You probably believe that's the answer, lol.

How about all the horrifically powerful hurricanes these past few years? Ocean mismanagement?
Old 10-10-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, I do know that. If you read the article I posted, you might have seen that this issue has been going on for decades. Trump's only been around for 3.5 years. Unless you believe that Trump has discovered time travel....
Yeah,
Trump has little to nothing to do with the gloabal warming of today. Now what hapens tomorrow is another story.

Anybody seen the new David Attenbrough film, A Life On Our Planet?

I am going to try and watch it tonight.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Admin

Quote:
Another false argument from this poster. Typical.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
The point is, it isn't that "black and white":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...1f1_story.html

It’s a false dichotomy to posit that the fires of 2020 are caused either by climate change or by poor forest management. The scientific research is clear that both play a role, even if that observation does not lend itself to a sound bite or a tweet.
I am not sure I see a problem with Whell's post. It is pretty much right on point and accurate. Am I missing something?

I don't think Whell is pointing fingers or blame at any political party, just stating a simple observation. Am I wrong?
Old 10-11-2020, 07:46 AM

I fif watch David Attenbrough's film, A Life On Our Planet. As expected it had incredible cinematoghraphy. It was a little hard to watch, but overall I would highly reccomend it.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Another false argument from this poster. Typical.
You might try reading the article.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
I am not sure I see a problem with Whell's post. It is pretty much right on point and accurate. Am I missing something?

I don't think Whell is pointing fingers or blame at any political party, just stating a simple observation. Am I wrong?
No.

No.

Last edited by nailer; 10-11-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:27 PM

Air pollution particles in young brains linked to Alzheimer's damage

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...heimers-damage

Quote:
There is already good statistical evidence that higher exposure to air pollution increases rates of neurodegenerative diseases, but the significance of the new study is that it shows a possible physical mechanism by which the damage is done.
The smoke here in NorCal has, thankfully, cleared these past two days. I built myself a simple website via Google Sites, with the two nearest PurpleAir sensors, and monitor it regularly to determine whether it's safe to walk. PM2.5 was down as low as 5 before this morning's walk.

Unless this idiot is thrown out of the Oval, the fires will continue to get worse every year. A huge reason, but far from the most crucial, to throw the bum out.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:46 PM

Trump in office or not, what he does in office or not, will have little effect on what happens with the climate in the next four years. However, what he does in the next four years could have lasting affects for all life over the forseeable future.

My apologies if this re-ittereating an already made and accepted point.

Last edited by JCricket; 10-11-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Donny's idiotic "solution", you may recall, was to "go out and rake the forests!". You probably believe that's the answer, lol.
I don't know what the best solution is, but from the BBC article you posted:

John Bailey, a wildfire expert at Oregon State University, told the BBC that while prescribed burning has been carried out in the state, "it's probably not enough to keep up with the amount of fuel accumulating on the landscape each year."

This would seem to suggest the need to go beyond controlled burns to remove combustible timber, i.e. "raking the forest" and removing combustibles.