Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:54 AM

G.O.P. Alarmed by Orange Shitstain's Comments on Extremist Group, Fearing a Drag on the Party
For the second time in two weeks, Republicans distanced themselves from the president, expressing unease about his failure to disavow a right-wing organization linked with white supremacy and acts of violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...supremacy.html

Hey, Repubes - it's time to dump Donny overboard to save your party...
Old 10-01-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I see the "Insane One" has crawled out again. Must have been hell laying low while so much damaging truth has been coming out about his dear leader. BTW don't bother responding. Judging by any of your postings I've read there's zero chance of you posting anything worth removing you from the Ignore list.
Dump tried his best to rattle Biden and it didn't work. If there is another debate look for tRump to go even lower. Since he thinks he won he's got no reason to change. Lies & BS is all he's got so I doubt he could change even if he wanted to.
Actually, no. Here's the deal: I come here to see what the hard left is up to. There are a couple of guys here that lean left that I take seriously because, though I usually (but not always) disagree with them, their case is well stated and it gives me reason to compare their reasoning to mine, to ensure I haven't gone off the edge on the right side.

The rest are comic relief. Kids that are still trying to figure out how the world works, and how to form a solid argument. The reason I'm not on here much is embedded in this internet meme: "Life is short, so you should spend it arguing with complete strangers on the internet."

So I sometimes use their posts as a springboard to do some research and present a relatively verbose response with links.

But I mostly come here out of curiosity. This is a water cooler with a very small number of individuals, some of whome are really too juvenile to engage with. But some of their posts are entertaining, if only as a window to a mind still in the early stages of development, and formation of a solid and reasonable world view.

It's along the lines of this backhanded compliment: "I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid." Though I'd replace stupid with ignorant. Most leftist's figure it out eventually and become conservative. Hence the phrase, "show me a young man who is not a liberal, and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me a man who is not a conservative and I'll show you a man without a brain."

There are some young guys here that will get it, and a couple of old guys that are proof of this phrase: "With age, comes wisdom. But sometimes age comes alone." We call those old guys "gray ponytails".

Last edited by Not Insane; 10-01-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggs098 View Post
I had a kid in my class who stuttered a lot in grade school but he was always able to stay on topic and finish what he was saying. He ended up valedictorian of our class. Very smart guy.

I don't view Biden's problem as a stuttering problem. Yeah he stutters once in a while but it's the fact that he starts a sentence then pauses then finishes on a completely different subject. And the fact he was asked a deliberate question about masks and answered with something that had nothing to do with masks and Wallace had to correct him and say the question was about a masks.
Also, "shut up" is never a valid - nor adult - answer to a question.

I mentioned to my wife on debate night that Trump fans would "feel" like he didn't do well, but after a day of analyzing what actually happened and was said, minute by minute, the clear winner would be Trump. And that is exactly what has happened.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for an answer regarding that thing sticking out of Biden's shirt sleeve. Was he just hiding a neclace he was planning on giving Jill that night?

BTW, this covers it nicely: The Trump debate decoded: He won, and he won big

As usual, the Thinker comes up with another top notch analysis.

What a lot of people don't understand is that Trump sees this as the first of three debates. They are like three acts in a play, if you get my drift. Just wait until act three.

Last edited by Not Insane; 10-01-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Abby Normal

Well boys, are we all finally convinced? When Biden wins, we can enjoy civil unrest thanks to Trump and his deplorables.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:21 AM

Experts say Trump tax report shows aggressive tax avoidance, unusually persistent losses

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...gressive-tax-/

Only a fool would believe anything a propagandist like Hugh Hewitt says without fact checking. The facts show he and Donny are, as usual, lying.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Well boys, are we all finally convinced? When Biden wins, we can enjoy civil unrest thanks to Trump and his deplorables.
Sadly, there are millions of over-the-edge fools like this Insane clown out there. As hateful as he is, and as ignorant as Waggs is, there are many even worse, sadly.

Hopefully, we can eventually root the white supremacists out of law enforcement, but it's going to take years. Until the Repubes finally come to their senses and disavow Donny, it's going to be very problematic for them, perhaps ending the party altogether.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Right, the "States" chose him over the people's voted choice of Hillz.
The people of each state vote to determine which candidate their state selects. And each state is given a two votes just for being a state (one per senator) and one vote for each house member, which is based on the total population of the state.

I can't come up with a fairer system. Would you prefer a system where every state gets the same vote, be it North Dakota or California? Or one where California completely steamrolls North Dakota with its massive population, leaving only a few populous states to choose the president?
Old 10-01-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
That's what Trump wants, for people to 'get over' his lying and all of his other intolerable behavior, to accept rotten as 'normal.' That is, those people who aren't authoritarian followers who flat out admire his 'strength.'
I always think it's funny when people call ANY politician a "liar". I thought it was irritating when Trump called Ted Cruz "Lyin' Ted". So I understand the feeling.

Meanwhile, Biden sez he's for the green deal, and then he's against it. He says "antifa" is just an idea. Etc.

Politicians lie or, more accurately, are "flexible with the truth". Show me a single one that is not. Just one. I'll wait...
Old 10-01-2020, 08:32 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Sadly, there are millions of over-the-edge fools like this Insane clown out there. As hateful as he is, and as ignorant as Waggs is, there are many even worse, sadly.

Hopefully, we can eventually root the white supremacists out of law enforcement, but it's going to take years. Until the Repubes finally come to their senses and disavow Donny, it's going to be very problematic for them, perhaps ending the party altogether.
The GOP will "act" as if Donny never existed immediately. MAGA flags and caps will be with us for at least a generation, maybe several. They have replayed the confederate flag and swastika.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
A person who threatens, propogates, or does not condem violence is the problem. You are the problem in the violence and division in our country. You and any other person who condones or does not condem the violence. And don't use the "the democrats did it first BS statement". That is a weak minded fools argument.
Actually, I'm coming from a self defense perspective, like Kyle Rittenhouse. The biggest difference is that I'm in the sticks and avoiding the cities right now, though I did have to drive through several on my way back from Seattle to my home in rural KY last week.

I'm also a professing Christian. Not all conservatives are as constrained as me. Hence the warning.