Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Why focusing on 'shithole' totally misses the point

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politi...sis/index.html
Trust me it is only the bigoted who failed to see the point being expressed!

Barney
Old 01-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Yep. That is definitely the problem in Detroit.
I'm rubber you're glue everything you say to me bounces off and sticks to you...dickwad.

But really...Detroit overrun by red neck conservative delusional christians. You may be the most pathetic when you're trying to be amusing.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 01-15-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Why focusing on 'shithole' totally misses the point

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politi...sis/index.html
Thank you Chris Cillizza, known to his friends as Captain Obvious.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 01-15-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:16 AM
Banned

Here's the thing about this whole issue.

Trump made a commitment, in front of the cameras, to sign whatever the bipartisan team came up with on immigration. And as usual he has proven himself to be a terminal lying sack of shit. He honors his commitment to the members of Congress and this all goes away, including the possible government shutdown. That's all there is to this story, except for one really fucked up reality...

Trump wants a government shut-down. He sees himself as a big hero to his moronic base if he shuts down the government. I don't believe his cognitive processing is sophisticated enough for him to come up with any other reason for acting like such an asshole.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:02 PM
Admin

J. Rubin at the Post nails it.

"Events moved in favor of Democrats today in the battle to gain leverage and cast blame for the looming shutdown, set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Saturday. For starters, it does not appear that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has 50, let alone the necessary 60 votes to pass the House bill. Republican Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.) and Jeff Flake (Ariz.) say they will not vote for it; Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah), who disfavor short-term budget deals, may join them, as well.
In addition, the fantasy that an unpopular president with majorities of his party in the House and Senate could shift blame to Democrats has started to crumble. A Post-ABC poll found:
A 48 percent plurality says Trump and congressional Republicans are mainly responsible for the situation resulting from disagreements over immigration laws and border security, while 28 percent fault Democrats. A sizable 18 percent volunteer that both parties are equally responsible. Political independents drive the lopsided margin of blame, saying by a 46-to-25-percent margin that Republicans and Trump are responsible for the situation.
In addition to Trump’s and the GOP’s unpopularity, their handling of this episode surely contributed to their disadvantage in the blame game. Trump said he’d take any bipartisan deal to fix the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, but when given just such a deal, he blew up and lashed out at “shithole” countries. His insistence on the very unpopular wall contrasts with the overwhelming bipartisan support the “dreamers” have around the country. The perception that the president is erratic, unhelpful and maybe not following what’s going on also contributes to the sense that he’s to blame. And he is, of course, erratic, unhelpful and not following along, and therefore has contributed more than any other player to the chaos." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.cb3ce0a8420c

Meanwhile, President Derp Drumpenfurher (aka dumbass Donnie) wants to go to his resort at Mar el Lago for a big shindig celebrating his first year in the White House before jetting off to Davos, Switzerland so he can crash the big 'One Tenth of One Percenter' party.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:17 AM

I thought Trump, the great deal maker and negotiator, would keep the shut down from happening. 😏
Old 01-20-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I thought Trump, the great deal maker and negotiator, would keep the shut down from happening. 😏

This reinforces just how dysfunctional this Trump led GOP is at the moment. This shut down is more about how in one year the only real legislation passed by them was the give away tax cut to the rich! All other business of running this country never reached the desk for a signing ceremony. Total chaos and mismanagement on their part. It is about time the Democratic party took a stand.
The my way or the highway approach is more in line with a dictatorship them a democracy.

Barney
Old 01-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Ready

The conventional wisdom is that whoever blinks first loses here. This could go on and on and on.

And open the door to Trump taking 'emergency action.'
Old 01-20-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The conventional wisdom is that whoever blinks first loses here. This could go on and on and on.

And open the door to Trump taking 'emergency action.'

One the GOP will willingly accept my friend!

Barney
Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Ready

^^^ Thanks. One needs to know who one's friends are nowadays.