Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2022, 12:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
OK, you've got a scoop, I guess. Please list the candidates for MI Gov who have been charged in this particular fake signature debacle.
I never said it was gubernatorial candidates who were busted for faking petition signatures. Your wingnut MAGA Governor hopeful was busted for Jan. 6. Try to keep up, Slowly.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I never said it was gubernatorial candidates who were busted for faking petition signatures. Your wingnut MAGA Governor hopeful was busted for Jan. 6. Try to keep up, Slowly.
Quote:
Uh, yes. The candidates campaigns' (for which the candidates are responsible) were indeed busted for collecting fake signatures. If a candidate is incapable of doing something as simple as getting real people to sign petitions, they have no business in government (per Michigan law). And yes, the leading gubernatorial candidate was indeed arrested for participation on Jan. 6.

I think it's YOU that needs to keep up...with your own posts. You said the candidate's campaigns were "busted" for collecting fake signatures. All I wanted to know what which candidates got busted for it. Or, maybe easier, which members of the various campaigns' staff have been taken into custody for it?
Old 06-10-2022, 01:44 PM

It's not really that hard to find out if you want to:

James Craig submitted 10,192 valid signatures (15,000 are needed). An additional 11,113 signatures were invalid, including 9,879 that were allegedly fraudulently collected by 18 paid circulators.

Perry Johnson turned in 13,800 valid signatures. An additional 9,393 signatures were invalid including 6,983 that were fraudulent.

The Michigan Election bureau also uncovered more than 42,000 bogus signatures that were collected for Donna Brandenburg, Michael Brown and Michael Markey.

I think 'busted' just means caught in this context.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ualifying-them
Old 06-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I think it's YOU that needs to keep up...with your own posts. You said the candidate's campaigns were "busted" for collecting fake signatures. All I wanted to know what which candidates got busted for it. Or, maybe easier, which members of the various campaigns' staff have been taken into custody for it?
You know full well which campaigns were involved. You live in that cesspool of GOP corruption, dishonesty and threats of violence.

Regardless, my larger point remains valid - the Michigan GOP is a complete shitshow from tampering with voting machines to submitting fake signatures on petitions to an arrest for participation in Jan 6.

For folks who bitch and moan incessantly about election integrity, the Michigan GOP sure seems to have its problems with election integrity. As the saying goes "Accusations made by Republicans are actually confessions."
Old 06-10-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
You know full well which campaigns were involved. You live in that cesspool of GOP corruption, dishonesty and threats of violence.

Regardless, my larger point remains valid - the Michigan GOP is a complete shitshow from tampering with voting machines to submitting fake signatures on petitions to an arrest for participation in Jan 6.

For folks who bitch and moan incessantly about election integrity, the Michigan GOP sure seems to have its problems with election integrity. As the saying goes "Accusations made by Republicans are actually confessions."
Uh-huh, figured you had your facts a bit off.

And Republicans didn't have to "confess" anything in Flint Twp (and by the way, I think this scenario would be more appropriately categorized as someone "getting busted"):

https://www.wilx.com/2022/03/12/gene...ering-charges/

I think if you go find an election, you'll probably find someone trying to put their finger on the scale, and neither party has a monopoly on fingers.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Uh-huh, figured you had your facts a bit off.

And Republicans didn't have to "confess" anything in Flint Twp (and by the way, I think this scenario would be more appropriately categorized as someone "getting busted"):

https://www.wilx.com/2022/03/12/gene...ering-charges/

I think if you go find an election, you'll probably find someone trying to put their finger on the scale, and neither party has a monopoly on fingers.

Note that this woman is being charged by a fellow Democrat, not celebrated or swept under the rug as is customarily the case with Republicans.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:39 PM

Worth noting that the drunken frat boy would not be in harm's way were it not for the extreme political machinations of that "hero" of the far-Reich, Moscow Mitch.

I do hope those chickens come back to roost, as the guy who should be at SCOTUS is now running DOJ, with eyes on Donny and his entire corrupt gang.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:07 PM

Repubes are just as nutty across the way in Wisconsin.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ce/7581331001/
Old 06-11-2022, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
So this is not about the perp and his motive? This is about the gun? Fascinating.

Was it also about the gun in the case of James Hodgkinson?
It's always about the gun.

You conjobs just don't get it.

Like "irishygirl" said on her twitter page,

"I can buy 10,000 rounds of ammunition and there's no background check but if I buy one box of Sudafed my name goes into a national database."
Old 06-11-2022, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

The only people who we ever hear saying "one side is just as bad as the other" are the conjobs like whell. The excuse for their Trump vote in 2016 was "Hillary is just as bad as Donald." Not sure what their excuse was in 2020.