Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
...Did you read Carls post?

They could be drilling more, but they aren't. And it isn't the government that's standing in the way. They got their permits, and they're NOT USING THEM. It's that easy money they can suck out of your wallet at the pumps, you chump.

Good grief!

Dave
As long as Obama goes about arguing that Big Oil should be weaned of the government teat do not expect ExxonMobil, Chevron, Conoco, Shell et. al. to stop raising the prices. They simply want their tame Goopers back in the Whitehouse.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We'll just have to keep fining them for not using additives that don't exist yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Or even their Nader.
Ak... gaaa... eeee... er.. pppppft.... groan that's bad!

Pete
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As long as Obama goes about arguing that Big Oil should be weaned of the government teat do not expect ExxonMobil, Chevron, Conoco, Shell et. al. to stop raising the prices. They simply want their tame Goopers back in the Whitehouse.
I also get a kick out of they won't spend the millions to re-route that pipe in order to make the billions in profit to be made out of the dirty "sand" crude.
It will get approved eventually IMO, they can just sit back and whine until then I guess.
I'm thinking it is getting more of a sport of getting over on the public.

Carl
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
No, putting the Volt on the market is a sign of the future. There will be more to come until us sheeple get used to the idea. We will only need to produce more oil if consumption continues to rise at it's current rate. Here's the thing....It's a finite resource...the faster we use it, the sooner it runs out. Your problem is that your only looking ahead as far as your next gas fill up. I'm trying to look ahead several generations. The sooner we curtail or voracious appetite for the shit, the more likely the supply wil remain stable for future generations. This is called "conservation". I find it interesting that it needs to be explained to a so-called---"conservative".

Did you read Carls post?

They could be drilling more, but they aren't. And it isn't the government that's standing in the way. They got their permits, and they're NOT USING THEM. It's that easy money they can suck out of your wallet at the pumps, you chump.

Good grief!

Dave
That response of yours is nothing but stupid.
Dude, get off your damn ass and buy one then! You run your fucking coffee breath at me about the POS, yet YOU don't own one! Go fucking buy one and I will have some interest in what you have to say. Until then, you're nothing but a loud mouth hypocrite.
Again motherfucker...go buy one!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Loyal Opposition

I didn't have a cell phone for years. Now I have one for cheap that does some amazing things. Still don't own a flat screen TV, but now that the price is down, the boys have bought them. I was a fairly early convert to the personal computer, but I paid a lot for little capability - it didn't even have a hard drive. At a fraction of the cost, my phone does a thousand times more than my first PC. Same thing happened with VCRs, now they are obsolete - and DVDs are on their way out too. I hope to live long enough to see internal combustion engines obsolete, but the technology to replace them will remain expensive until the market develops.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I didn't have a cell phone for years. Now I have one for cheap that does some amazing things. Still don't own a flat screen TV, but now that the price is down, the boys have bought them. I was a fairly early convert to the personal computer, but I paid a lot for little capability - it didn't even have a hard drive. At a fraction of the cost, my phone does a thousand times more than my first PC. Same thing happened with VCRs, now they are obsolete - and DVDs are on their way out too. I hope to live long enough to see internal combustion engines obsolete, but the technology to replace them will remain expensive until the market develops.

Regards,

D-Ray
Buy a Volt! Expensive...that can't be. Everyone knows it was ready to take the public by storm & revolutionize the USA if not the world forever!

You being a counselor for unions should have been first in line for one.
Or wait...maybe it's just junk(?).
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Buy a Volt! Expensive...that can't be. Everyone knows it was ready to take the public by storm & revolutionize the USA if not the world forever!

You being a counselor for unions should have been first in line for one.
Or wait...maybe it's just junk(?).
But my point was that first users of new technology pay a premium - and usually have plenty of disposable income. That's why I've never been a first user. If I had the money and I was in the market for a new commuter car, I would consider it. Don't have the money and won't be in the market for quite sometime. Not in the market for a new stereo or high dollar cables either, but some people are.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
But my point was that first users of new technology pay a premium - and usually have plenty of disposable income. That's why I've never been a first user. If I had the money and I was in the market for a new commuter car, I would consider it. Don't have the money and won't be in the market for quite sometime. Not in the market for a new stereo or high dollar cables either, but some people are.

Regards,

D-Ray
You can't afford a Volt? Oh please. I put more than that in Chevy Vegas on a regular basis.

I have not read anything from you telling us Rightys the reason we don't want one is because we hate GM, hate the Prez, hate wildlife, hate clean air, hate the current global temps, and on...and on...
Having said that, many like Dave & Rick show their true colors by ripping people who know it's garbage, but don't buy one themselves!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
You can't afford a Volt? Oh please. I put more than that in Chevy Vegas on a regular basis.

I have not read anything from you telling us Rightys the reason we don't want one is because we hate GM, hate the Prez, hate wildlife, hate clean air, hate the current global temps, and on...and on...
Having said that, many like Dave & Rick show their true colors by ripping people who know it's garbage, but don't buy one themselves!
I think the lib/conservative divide on the Volt is the greater emphasis of the conservatives on the market as the ultimate measure of value - market value trumps intrinsic value. One of the token conservatives at the WaPo, Charles Lane, is a big critic of the Volt. After taking a test drive, he was impressed by the fit and finish of the vehicle, but didn't see it as a practical market offering given its price. Others of us are rooting for it, despite its market barriers, because we want to see it as a precursor of things to come. I think we're both a little bit right.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Volt may or may not be a good idea, but the government bankrolling it is a bad idea. I'd far prefer a new Mazda3 to a Volt. It'll get over 40 mpg, is fun to drive, and is half the price.

If electric cars appear to be a good idea at this time, let venture capitalists invest accordingly. I'd prefer not to invest in them, thank you.