Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2020, 10:20 AM

Are We There Yet? We Are Close and Here is How I Can Tell

Are We There Yet? We Are Close and Here is How I Can Tell

A very good op-ed by a "random guy on the internet" (not me). You can go to the link and can see comments by many on the right to get a feel for their thought process on current events. I've been a member and contributor to that site since 1997. It is not copywrited so here it is in its entirety (for those that don't want to click on a link):

We have witnessed a horrible year. And many of us recognize some of what is happening around us as propaganda, gaslighting, and out right manipulation. We ponder who and when something will be done. We do not have blinders on and yet do not understand what we witness happening before us.

Earlier this morning I read on another thread, Princeton University professor and MSNBC contributor Eddie Glaude, Jr. refer to the moral rot in our society and that President Trump is its avatar. We use the word avatar for many different things in the modern world, but consider the first meaning of avatar. A deity incarnate. Given the statement of the Professor, what is he thinking President Trump actually is? A deity of moral rot and we are the demons that follow him? While it is repugnant that such a statement was even made, it is far, far more important to realize it was not verbalized in some backroom somewhere. It was stated in public, in mass media, and has now gone "viral." Thus adding more gravitas to the dangerous statement.

I expound on this concept because the modern world has its fair share of evil avatars in video games to marketing. This was an attempt to dehumanize the man, the human, Donald Trump. But it is not just him that the comment was meant to dehumanize. It was directed at us. At a time when they mouth the words about coming together, we also here the hypocrisy of their attempts to remove us. A simple search of the internet will proffer enough headlines to make the point. Below are just a few.

Nov 9, 2020 — Over the weekend, people started making lists. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez kicked things off on Friday with a tweet that terrified Trumpworld.

Michigan state rep. threatens 'Trumpers,' calls on 'soldiers' to 'make them pay' Thu, December 10, 2020, 12:15 PM EST

Startling threats and violence against GOP voters: Part of a ...www.foxnews.com › politics › startling-threats-and-violen... Feb 17, 2020 — A startling rash of threats and violent incidents targeting Republican

They are moving into the dehumanizing aspect of the overthrow of the country. I do not say this lightly. I am referring to the full on psychological set-up of the making us sub-human, sub-moral and ultimately therefore disposable. We've entered into the last phase. We hear the words, 'America is at a dangerous point," but I do not think conservatives fully grasp yet how dangerous it actually is. Dehumanization is a tactic of war, it is not the result from war. It starts long before anyone realizes what is happening. We question the hypocrisy of the left, we are frustrated by it and why laws apply to us, but not to them? It is because we are already very far down this dangerous path. We have reached the point where the violation of norms against us seem reasonable and necessary.

The first noticeable seed was planted when Hillary called us a basket of deplorables. WE rightly accepted her degrading moniker and it backfired on her campaign. She went from campaigning against a political opponent to attacking the supporters. This was followed by Pelosi and Schumer taking up the mantel and creating false narratives and hoax scandals. And finally we watch liberal social media entities controlling the flow of information such that opposing viewpoints or conservative points or even constitutional ones are censored.

We as a culture have moved from laughing when someone says they 'saw it facebook/twitter' to having 'fact checkers' to stop the flow of information. Consider how many times one views a 'twitter' post here on FR recently! A short sentence or two, often with no context, posted on what is supposed to be a great aggregate site for conservative political discourse? WE are falling into that trap as well.

Dehumanization happens on both sides of this conflict. It is only the level of intensity that is unequal at the moment. Make no mistake regarding the recent rhetoric from the left, they will physically come for us, destroy your reputation, and your business if you have one. In fact, it feels like in many areas of our nation that has already started. And it is no longer just a bit of smoke at a small fire, it is spreading and once this election stuff appears to be settled it is going to be a raging wildfire.

Dehumanization, well here we are:

"Psychologically, it is necessary to categorize one's enemy as sub-human in order to legitimize increased violence or justify the violation of basic human rights. Moral exclusion reduces restraints against harming or exploiting certain groups of people. In severe cases, dehumanization makes the violation of generally-accepted norms of behavior regarding one's fellow man seem reasonable, or even necessary." Maiese, Michelle. "Dehumanization." Beyond Intractability. Eds. Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess. Conflict Information Consortium, University of Colorado, Boulder. Posted: July 2003 .

This is the stage we are at, the last stage in the process. Moral exclusion. Consider everything they are saying that makes us immoral, these things will be used against us in the near future. Trump supporter, Christian, Law & Order, White Privilege, failing to be an ally to the LGBT community, they are even getting their way by taking Christmas away, closing churches, virtue signal mask wearing etc.

And we are not immune to their disease of dehumanization. Posts right here on this thread view them as evil too. I have seen a few posts on the threads in the Religion forum also stating ...'they've made their choice, Jesus come quickly.' Our minds are made up they cannot be saved but I just remind myself, Jesus came so none might perish. And it is that attitude, blessing, empathy that is the inoculation against dehumanization.

Regrettably it is this same Jesus that is considered immoral to the left. They have decided we're not worthy of life, liberty, or happiness.