Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Persona non grata

Hillary Clinton, It's the Rigged System, Stupid!

From 26 debates down to 6!?

I knew she was in the tank for Hillary, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-b...usaolp00000592

Quote:
So in preparing the schedule of debates for the 2016 election, Wasserman Schultz pared down the number of debates scheduled from the 26 that preceded Barack Hussein Obama's nomination to a mere six in this election season. Furthermore, Wasserman Schultz ensured that the debates would be scheduled in ratings graveyards, such as the most recent debate, a Saturday night before Christmas during a nationally-televised New York Jets football game, and the next debate, a Saturday night in the middle of the three-day Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend during a nationally-televised NFL playoff game.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM

This isn't news. It's been in the media for a while but coverage has been a bit thin in the MSMs, mostly on the editorial pages.

I've mentioned it a couple of times here too and pointed out that DWS has been in the tank for Hillary since long before she was appointed to the DNC Chair. She was Hillary's Florida Campaign Chair in 2008 so why anyone can claim to being surprised is something of a mystery. Likewise, it should be obvious why she was appointed in the first place.

By the way, this isn't the biggest thing to worry about. That would be the fact that the DNC and the Clinton campaign are rapidly scooping up all the super-delegates.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:21 PM

This particular scenario is so far removed from the spirit of democracy - the whole thing makes me sick.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Admin

The last paragraph in this op-ed says it all. Those are some serious sour grapes.

"One comment I read on the Internet summed it up. He expressed his support for Bernie Sanders as the only candidate who would fix the corrupt political system. He then said if the election came down to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, he'd vote for Trump, because he'd rather have a candidate who breaks the corrupt political system than one who thrives in it."
Old 12-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
This isn't news. It's been in the media for a while but coverage has been a bit thin in the MSMs, mostly on the editorial pages.

I've mentioned it a couple of times here too and pointed out that DWS has been in the tank for Hillary since long before she was appointed to the DNC Chair. She was Hillary's Florida Campaign Chair in 2008 so why anyone can claim to being surprised is something of a mystery. Likewise, it should be obvious why she was appointed in the first place.

By the way, this isn't the biggest thing to worry about. That would be the fact that the DNC and the Clinton campaign are rapidly scooping up all the super-delegates.
That's exactly what Pres. Obama did to Clinton in '08.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
That's exactly what Pres. Obama did to Clinton in '08.
Yup! And it was wrong then too. It subverts the process by ignoring the will of the electorate
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Admin

The more rabid Bernie supporters are already bloviating about Pumas in the lefty blogoshere.

Poor dears...
Old 12-31-2015, 06:36 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Yup! And it was wrong then too. It subverts the process by ignoring the will of the electorate
That is what pisses so many off.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Huh? Hills lost fair and square to Pres. Obama in '08.

If Bernie's campaign staff isn't smart enough to learn from '08, that delegates are what gets you the nomination, then maybe he doesn't deserve it. <shrug>

Last edited by bobabode; 01-01-2016 at 10:26 PM.