Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:04 AM

Orange Shitstain calls for Fox News journalist to be fired for report on war dead scandal
Jennifer Griffin confirmed president* called dead soldiers ‘losers’
Defensive Trump tweets ‘Fox News is gone!’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oldiers-losers

Faux has actual journalists? Who knew? Good for her!
Old 09-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uckers/615997/
Leftists will grasp at any straw...
Old 09-05-2020, 10:31 AM

John Harwood
@JohnJHarwood

The Atlantic’s story has been confirmed by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News

Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Sep 4
The Atlantic Magazine is dying, like most magazines, so they make up a fake story in order to gain some relevance. Story already refuted, but this is what we are up against. Just like the Fake Dossier. You fight and and fight, and then people realize it was a total fraud!

2:27 PM · Sep 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Old 09-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Leftists will grasp at any straw...

Disparaging soldiers who are disabled and who have give their life is a “straw”.
Yet another Republican who probably didn’t serve and feels the same way as Trump, I suppose.
Shame shame, if they had any.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsup1000 View Post
Disparaging soldiers who are disabled and who have give their life is a “straw”.
Yet another Republican who probably didn’t serve and feels the same way as Trump, I suppose.
Shame shame, if they had any.
Everything his type "knows" about the military was learned via violent video games, sadly. They have no shame, obviously.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:41 PM

The deafening, devastating sound of John Kelly’s silence
By Ruth Marcus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ellys-silence/

Quote:
The sound of John F. Kelly’s silence is deafening.

For President Trump, it is devastating.

The former White House chief of staff has remained quiet in the face of Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg’s report about Trump’s scornful comments about service members as “losers” and “suckers” — including Kelly’s son, killed in the line of duty.

Kelly is no Trump fan, not in the wake of his unceremonious firing and Trump’s derisive assessment. (“He got eaten alive,” Trump said Friday, suggesting Kelly might be a Goldberg source. “He was unable to handle the pressure of this job.")

But does anyone beyond the most reflexive Trump supporter really believe that a career Marine, a four-star general, a Gold Star father, would invent such a story — however it managed to make its way to Goldberg? Goldberg describes Trump’s visit with Kelly to Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day 2017. They stood at the grave of Kelly’s son Robert, killed at 29 in Afghanistan when he stepped on a landmine leading a platoon of Marines. “Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, ‘I don’t get it. What was in it for them?’” Goldberg writes.

Does anyone believe that Goldberg — an experienced and well-regarded journalist, with a track record of scoops and a deep bench of military sources — would make this up or run it without fully checking? Full disclosure: I’ve known Goldberg for more than 30 years, since he was an intern at The Post, and I have complete confidence in his professionalism. A credibility contest between Trump and Goldberg is no contest at all.

Nonetheless, if Kelly’s choice is silence, it is hard to interpret that as anything but tacit confirmation. If Goldberg were telling a false story about Kelly and his son, surely Kelly would offer some correction. Kelly does not often speak publicly of his son’s death, but he has done so in terms that are the compelling opposite of Trump’s transactional worldview.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
John Harwood
@JohnJHarwood

The Atlantic’s story has been confirmed by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News

Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· Sep 4
The Atlantic Magazine is dying, like most magazines, so they make up a fake story in order to gain some relevance. Story already refuted, but this is what we are up against. Just like the Fake Dossier. You fight and and fight, and then people realize it was a total fraud!

2:27 PM · Sep 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Open SmartNews to read 'Chaos at Fox News as some refuse to believe the network’s own reporting on Trump’s contempt for troops' here: https://smartnews.link/news/eEjc or you can directly access the content using this link here: https://smartnews.link/w/EqtS
Old 09-05-2020, 05:32 PM

John Aravosis
@aravosis

Now Trump is saying he even phoned Melania back in Washington to say how disappointed he was that he couldn’t go to the military cemetery outside of Paris. In fact, Melania was with him in Paris. He just made up his alibi.

2:10 PM · Sep 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Old 09-05-2020, 05:45 PM

Fox News reporter defends confirming Atlantic piece despite Trump backlash: 'I feel very confident'

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...very-confident

Quote:
Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin doubled down on her reporting that confirmed key details of an article from The Atlantic that alleged that President Trump disparaged World War I veterans during a 2018 trip to France.

“I can tell you that my sources are unimpeachable,” Griffin said on the air Saturday. “I feel very confident with what we have reported at Fox.”

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) came to Griffin’s defense on Saturday, calling her “one of my favorite reporters. Fair and unafraid.”

“It is always better when people come on camera, but you can see how people get destroyed when they get crosswise with the president when they come out, and so people are reluctant,” Griffin said Saturday. “They’ve seen the language used to describe people and the way Twitter has been weaponized against them, and I think they just don’t feel they need that kind of grief right now.

“What they are saying they feel very strongly is accurate," she added. "They were there, and I’m a reporter, and it is my job to report what I heard.”
Faux will probably fire her for accurate, unbiased reporting, but she'll have a job at any reputable news organization.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:02 PM

Bunker Boy has already called for her head, er job. Expect his squad to do a deep dive into her history to find things to slander her with.