Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Obama promised me one if I would come to Bugtussel and canvas your neighborhood, unfortunately they haven't come out with a hearst model, yet.
I drove a Hurst 442 once...that thing would lay rubber in four gears.

Amazing powerful for a small block.

But since we're speaking of politics, I have one campaign sign in my yard, and it's for a Democrat. The Republicans aren't even putting up signs...because they know it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Now consider that Missouri is still considered to be a bell weather state...although McCain managed to squeak out a win with something like 1% or less.

Romney is pulling something like 10% or better here in the Show Me State. And I doubt that 2010 was an aberration, which was a slaughter for the Democrats.

I suspect that the "Silent Majority" is still out there...sharping their knives.

But we'll know in a few days, won't we?

Chas
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Teabaggers at AK got the Volt thread over there closed down. I wonder if he'll come on over here? We're far less charitable to the home schooled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I ended up closing it over there because it got so bad. As a rule, I try not to moderate threads I am heavily involved in, but that one got so nasty I ad to shut it down.

I did invite them over here to discuss. Wonder if they will show up.
Well, don't you know just how insideous and un-American the Marxist plot to shove electric cars down our throats really is?

Yeah, I don't get it either. What in the hell are they talking about?

And we're the one who are stupid and/or insane, Erik.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I drove a Hurst 442 once...that thing would lay rubber in four gears.

Amazing powerful for a small block.
Except for 1964 (first year) the 4-4-2 had a 400 CID V8. Not the biggest thing around but not a small block. These were pretty much on a par with the Pontiac GTO, which had a 389 CID V8 and then a 400, until the "Goat" got a 455.

John
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I've never politicized the Volt. It's you lefties who have politicized it.
Really? How?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmb2c5vQC_0

John
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear....

Did you get those bugs worked out of your tube amps, Charlie?
I think you're confused. About the only issue I have at this time is my 1000A requires the balance pot to be moved off center...it's no biggie, but I don't like moving the balance pot.

Don't really know what happened to it, other that an output valve developed an internal short and I replaced it with an older one.

I use my Dared's anyway.

Did pick up a pretty slick set of Klipsch Quartets for $350 off of Craigslist. Things like that just don't come around in central Missouri very often..didn't really want them...but I considered it to be a sin not to buy them.

Very similar to my augmented Hornshoppes. While the Klipsch's have a more expansive sound, and require more volume than the HS to sound good, they miss the sweet spot for female vocalists.

I suppose it doesn't really matter what I think, as my wife thinks the Quartets are too kewl for skool. I reckon I'm looking at Crites upgrades to make me happy.

BTW, I have a nice set of Hornshoppes with the upgraded 126En drivers, a set of Fostex FT 17 super tweets in solid oak boxes, and a Parts Express Titanic MKIII sub looking for a new home.

But they're not for sale.

Rekkerd players are a sickness, just like Political Chat. Once you become involved, it's an addiction worse than heroin.

Fuck me,

Chas
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
They don't speak for me.

I blow my own horn.

Chas
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
I think you're confused. About the only issue I have at this time is my 1000A requires the balance pot to be moved off center...it's no biggie, but I don't like moving the balance pot.

Don't really know what happened to it, other that an output valve developed an internal short and I replaced it with an older one.

I use my Dared's anyway.

Did pick up a pretty slick set of Klipsch Quartets for $350 off of Craigslist. Things like that just don't come around in central Missouri very often..didn't really want them...but I considered it to be a sin not to buy them.

Very similar to my augmented Hornshoppes. While the Klipsch's have a more expansive sound, and require more volume than the HS to sound good, they miss the sweet spot for female vocalists.

I suppose it doesn't really matter what I think, as my wife thinks the Quartets are too kewl for skool. I reckon I'm looking at Crites upgrades to make me happy.

BTW, I have a nice set of Hornshoppes with the upgraded 126En drivers, a set of Fostex FT 17 super tweets in solid oak boxes, and a Parts Express Titanic MKIII sub looking for a new home.

But they're not for sale.

Rekkerd players are a sickness, just like Political Chat. Once you become involved, it's an addiction worse than heroin.

Fuck me,

Chas
You're a lucky man, Charlie. My old lady has been scowling at my Vandersteen Three's ever since I bought 'em. $425- in trade for services rendered. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were trying to track down a hum in an old tube amp. Probably that wacky-tabacky my teabagger neighbor grows on his back patio has something to do with that.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
They don't speak for me.

I blow my own horn.

Chas
Not sayin' they do but it sure blows a big hole in your contention that the left has politicized the Volt.

John
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM

Who on the left has politicized it? I see commentary, all very favourable, in the car magazines, and the green blogs. Doesn't make the mainstream, unless it is on some right wing station attacking it for being part of th Obama motors conspiracy.

Please show me where the left have politicized it?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Chas
Auction 'em off for AK in Bartertown. Just a suggestion. I drag any more speaks into my pad, I'll be sleeping in my garage.