Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Nope. I don't do talk radio. KOCI FM is alright though.
KPFK is actually quite good. So is KPFA here in the Bay area. Both are part of the Pacifica network of stations in CA (KPFA & KPFA), NY I(WBAI), DC (WPFW) and TX (don't remember the call sign for that one). Pacifica founder Lou Hill pioneered publicly supported radio and, unlike NPR, Pacifica is still totally listener-supported.

The programming is far from 100% news & talk. They have pretty good music programming too.

John
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
He claims to be liberal in some historical British sense. We call that 'real liberal revival' schtick 'neoliberal,' I believe....
I suppose he's a Tony Blair Liberal, a capitol L Liberal as opposed to a liberal. I suppose the party label meant something once.

John
Old 03-10-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Pacifica radio?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yup!

John
Old 03-10-2015, 09:55 PM

I'm surprised at being the center of attention here. Liberal only means left wing in America. I use it in the correct sense of the term. Call Yourself a so************************t if you are one. Youre all embarresed by the word... Politically I'm probably centrist. I am socialy liberal. I believe in equality. I think in politics too big a swing to either extreme is bad, if it's unions with too much power or the chumps on Wallstreet swindling the rest of the country. It's bad, just a matter of scale. I believe in more rights being a good thing provided they dont infri ge on others. Government should be in charge of military, police, fire department and universal health care (no insurance companies) and should regulate the private sector and penalize the crooks. Lobbyists should be constrained to a significant degree. There should private sector for business and welfare should be cut down and in place the government should hire more for building or maintaining infrastructure. I don't see why i should keep replacing my tires for instance due to the potholes. Pay sometime on welfare to fill them up. There should be a safety net, but not one so excessive like Britain you have generations who have never had a job and have never wanted one.

I don't believe in affirmative action. It is reverse inequality, thats not what bothers me, i certainty don't feel aggrieved and i understand at the time it was necessary. But I think we do other people a disservice by the relentless focus on Race. Change the topic and in time racism will subside ( at least on the coasts)

Now back to the thread.

Last edited by matteos; 03-10-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I suppose he's a Tony Blair Liberal, a capitol L Liberal as opposed to a liberal. I suppose the party label meant something once.

John
Fuck that guy. And he was in the labour party. Do people really not know what a true liberal is?

Yes Pacifica. Bunch of tools. A couple of good people, but mostly ego and entrenched views on everything.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Admin

Jeese Louise Matty, try a little punctuation and separate into paragraphs. The above reads like a stream of consciousness poured onto the page, olde son.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
Fuck that guy. And he was in the labour party. Do people really not know what a true liberal is?

Yes Pacifica. Bunch of tools. A couple of good people, but mostly ego and entrenched views on everything.
No Stephie Miller, I'll pass.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Funny how this guy called himself a liberal when he came in here. He must be using the Conservapedia definition.
Or I'm using the correct English definition. Not my problem you all speak Merican
Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Jeese Louise Matty, try a little punctuation and separate into paragraphs. The above reads like a stream of consciousness poured onto the page, olde son.
I'm typing on a Samsung tablet with the worst keyboard and predictive text. Apologies but i edited that post about five times. Grammar won't get better on this piece of crap I'm afraid. My computer crapped out on me.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
I'm surprised at being the center of attention here.

Now back to the thread.
Ehhh, you're just fresh meat Matt.
At least you aren't some pox ridden Manchester United fanboi.