Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
When did the UN gift this land to Israel? IIRC the 1947 UN resolution was a recommendation to the British on how they should divide the Mandate's territory between the Jewish and Arab residents.

Your prose tends to be inflammatory, on purpose if you ask me.

Are you anti-Palestine or pro-Israel? Your comparing a people to a state is a tell.

Being against the status quo is a popular pastime amongst us humans. What are you for?
I consider myself pro-Israel, but uncomfortable with Netanyahu's policies, which happen to include maintaining the status quo (e.g., continued settlements and "mowing the grass") while using intervention in American politics to ensure unwavering support of Israel's tactics, whatever they might be and however counterproductive they may be. I also have sympathy for the suffering of the Palestinian people, regardless of where one places the blame for their suffering (on their owned failed leadership or on Israel's heavy-handed practices).

I was discomforted to see Netanyahu's overt support of Romney in the last election, his decision to approve a controversial West Bank settlement on the eve of Kerry's recent peace overtures, as well as his outspoken unwillingness to criticize Putin's actions in Ukraine, among other things. It seems our alliance with Israel is a one-way street.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-24-2014 at 10:48 AM.