Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Admin

Protests

Seems like the legitimate protesters are putting a damper on the rogue elements who are thieving and setting fires. Last night in LA the protesters were mostly absent once the curfew time came. The few knuckleheads running amok after curfew were dealt with swiftly by the LAPD and sheriffs.

Poor Donnie D'Rumpf must be having a sad...
Old 06-03-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Seems like the legitimate protesters are putting a damper on the rogue elements who are thieving and setting fires. Last night in LA the protesters were mostly absent once the curfew time came. The few knuckleheads running amok after curfew were dealt with swiftly by the LAPD and sheriffs.

Poor Donnie D'Rumpf must be having a sad...
I think this is really great news. I would imagine the president welcomes it as well. He's said nothing to convince me otherwise. And when all that's left is the thugs, it's easier to round 'em up. Like this guy (tats are a hoot):

Antifa idiot easily caught and charged federally after setting fire to a police van

Old 06-03-2020, 12:10 PM

"This message is hidden because Not Insane is on your ignore list."

Wow, that was fast. Never had to do that before, but this clown is over the top. Carry on, most others here are good people.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Ready

Not mentioned in the story is a scintilla of evidence that this clown had anything to do with any ANTIFA group. NI, you can't possibly believe that part.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Admin

All quiet out in Riverside county, Ca. last night. Good to see the adults out and about keeping a lid on things.

What's striking is seeing so many LEOs taking a knee and/or marching with the protesters. Didn't see any of that when I was in Lafayette Park and elsewhere in D.C. back in the early '70s. Did see the Park Police Cossacks chasing down little hippie girls and whacking them in the back of their head, tho.
Sure wish we had cell phones back then.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Not mentioned in the story is a scintilla of evidence that this clown had anything to do with any ANTIFA group. NI, you can't possibly believe that part.
Yep. Stay tuned. they may know something we don't, or they may be making an assumption. I'm not really concerned about the Antifa part. I think it's funny that he forgot to cover his Tatoo. And it's nice that these guys are actually being rounded up and singled out.

The best way to stop the violence is to prosecute the perps and put them behind bars for at least a year. It can be an excellent time of "reflection".
Old 06-03-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
All quiet out in Riverside county, Ca. last night. Good to see the adults out and about keeping a lid on things.

What's striking is seeing so many LEOs taking a knee and/or marching with the protesters. Didn't see any of that when I was in Lafayette Park and elsewhere in D.C. back in the early '70s. Did see the Park Police Cossacks chasing down little hippie girls and whacking them in the back of their head, tho.
Sure wish we had cell phones back then.
Drove by a small protest in my 'burb today, maybe 50 fine folks holding signs. Headed towards 102 degrees today. While I was stopped at the light, a local cop pulled up, put on his lights, got out, and started handing water bottles to the protesters. He waved and smiled as he got back into his SUV and drove off.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Drove by a small protest in my 'burb today, maybe 50 fine folks holding signs. Headed towards 102 degrees today. While I was stopped at the light, a local cop pulled up, put on his lights, got out, and started handing water bottles to the protesters. He waved and smiled as he got back into his SUV and drove off.
Nice to live in a mostly civilized state, isn't it? Even the bastion of teabaggerdom aka the OC, aka Orange county has turned a nice shade of blue. Poor Dana Rohrabacher is now selling weed since we fired his mangy heinie.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Nice to live in a mostly civilized state, isn't it? Even the bastion of teabaggerdom aka the OC, aka Orange county has turned a nice shade of blue. Poor Dana Rohrabacher is now selling weed since we fired his mangy heinie.
Mostly civilized. We're surrounded by Red(necks) up here, though. They vote for the likes of Tom McClintock and little Devin Nunes, a real couple of clowns. Thankfully, we're a civilized, well-populated sea of Blue.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Mostly civilized. We're surrounded by Red(necks) up here, though. They vote for the likes of Tom McClintock and little Devin Nunes, a real couple of clowns. Thankfully, we're a civilized, well-populated sea of Blue.
I've got family up Grass Valley way, in Fresno and in the Bay area. Some in Pasadena, Redondo and in the OC, a bunch of cousins are in Sandy Eggo. It only took us three generations to populate the Golden State. We've even exported some of the excess to Tennessee & Florida. We all vote.