Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
My grandad was from Dayton, they later built part of Wright-Pat on the farm where he grew up...He knew Wilbur & Orville, bought bicycles from them.
Wow, that's cool. The museum at Wright Pat is realy neat.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I never knew the brand of 'em...The guy who brought 'em is long since gone now, too, IIRC, he got 'em at some little meat shop there in Hamilton or Dayton. Its been a good 25 years ago. He'd come to town, & take them straightaway to a local restaurant & then we'd have us a regular FEAST for lunch...
I think Rob's probably right about the types of wurst. Those are the ones that came to mind when you originally mentioned them. They may not actually be a particular brand. The best stuff, like the stuff I used to buy in Maryland, was hand-ground and hand-stuffed by a local butcher. Mmmmmm.....

One of my favorite places to race was Road America in Elkhart Lakes, WI. Every time there was a big race meeting there the local VFW did the food. They had fire roasted corn on the cob, German potato salad and the best damned grilled wurst (brat & weiss) ever.

Quote:
Yeah, the "Mead" building was one of the biggest buildings in Dayton, IIRC...It kinda looked outta place.
It's odd that Mead should come up just now. After mentioning my racing experience in another thread yesterday I got a little bit of a nostalgia attack so I started trying to track down a few old racing buds. Chip Mead was one of them. Turns out the poor guy is dead, killed in a light aircraft accident. Too bad. A really good guy.

Quote:
If it had been in Cincinnati, it would not have stuck out quite so badly..My grandad was from Dayton, they later built part of Wright-Pat on the farm where he grew up...He knew Wilbur & Orville, bought bicycles from them.
Now, that's very cool! Bet you hope that Wright bicycle was still around!

John