Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
TV is a tough racket right now. Just sayin'. Our new Corporate boss (my bosses boss) is in town tomorrow. Who knows why? I don't think anything bad is going to happen, but you never know. Today may be my last day of work here.
Honestly, Eddie, it's not personal. I hope your bosses continue to recognize the value of your work. I just think that the quality of my life has improved by spending very little time in front of the tube. I imagine my consumption of advertised goods has declined as well - which ain't a bad thing to me.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. Almost certainly here to yell at the Sales folks. I'm just sharing a bit of what the industry feels like right now. It's quarter to quarter, and if infomercials all night get you to that next "at bat" you do what you have to do.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. Almost certainly here to yell at the Sales folks. I'm just sharing a bit of what the industry feels like right now. It's quarter to quarter, and if infomercials all night get you to that next "at bat" you do what you have to do.
Might be time to get into infomercials, now that Billy Mays is dead and that other joker took a big hit after the whore beat 'em up.

Just thinkin'.

Chas
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I know it pays the bills but as a long time insomniac all I can say is TV lost me and I know I'm not the only one.

Hope it all works out for ya.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
TV is a tough racket right now. Just sayin'. Our new Corporate boss (my bosses boss) is in town tomorrow. Who knows why? I don't think anything bad is going to happen, but you never know. Today may be my last day of work here.
Damnation, Me Olde Sonne...But ain't that how it always is ? The folks who do the work, who "Make it happen" are the typically the ones who take it on the chin... I NEVER saw the financial types have to "Back up" where I worked, but everybody else got cut & made do w/fewer people and/or resources...
Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=Grumpy;21450]I know it pays the bills but as a long time insomniac all I can say is TV lost me and I know I'm not the only one.

You are not alone.

Ten years ago when we installed our RCA Direct TV satelite, we only had to pay about 20.00 a month. Fast forwards to today and we now pay nothin' at all. Lemme tell you how we pay nothin' at all for it. I simply told them to stick it up their ass about 6 weeks ago. It started out 10 years ago at about 20.00 a month, and in 10 years we had added no extra channels at all, still had the same 10 year old RCA receiver ... but was having to pay nearly 90.00 a month. I said fuckit and called them up telling them I was done. They said, '' sir, .. you'll be charged 400.00 for early cancelation '', AND I SAID, ... AFTER TEN YEARS WITH YA'LL .. WITH NO CHANGES MADE TO MY ACCOUNT .. STICK YOUR EARLY CANCELATION FEE'S UP YOUR ASS 'CAUSE MY OBLIGATION TO CONTINUE SERVICE EXPIRED AT LEAST 8 YEARS AGO !!!

About all I tuned into was TV land to catch Gunsmoke or Bonanza once in a while, so I'm not missin' shit. I watch 'em for free now & then if I really wanna see 'em.

http://www.tvland.com/fullepisodes/gunsmoke/
Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
.... I SAID, ... AFTER TEN YEARS WITH YA'LL .. WITH NO CHANGES MADE TO MY ACCOUNT .. STICK YOUR EARLY CANCELATION FEE'S UP YOUR ASS 'CAUSE MY OBLIGATION TO CONTINUE SERVICE EXPIRED AT LEAST 8 YEARS AGO !!!
Guess who owns DirecTV!

John
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Well, since I shared this with you guys thought I should follow up...

I just got out of the meeting half an hour ago. Went amazingly well. Turns out he likes the work I'm doing here and I've been invited to work on some projects that we will roll out across the station group. I'm kinda in awe a little bit. Never dreamed that would happen! Way better than getting fired.

Take care,

Ed
Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM

Way to go...One of the "Good Guys" wins one for a change...
Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Well, since I shared this with you guys thought I should follow up...

I just got out of the meeting half an hour ago. Went amazingly well. Turns out he likes the work I'm doing here and I've been invited to work on some projects that we will roll out across the station group. I'm kinda in awe a little bit. Never dreamed that would happen! Way better than getting fired.

Take care,

Ed
That's great, Ed! Does it involve a raise? Maybe now you can afford to get rid of that "girly car"!

John