Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Anyway, I'd like to add my agreement to the sentiments being expressed here. this has been a blast for me. Great bunch of guys who don't hold it against someone for expressing opposing views.

I too would love to see more of our members contributing. There seem to be a lot of people looking in on the conversations but not joining in. I think if these folks were to join in it would only improve things here.

John
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Without resorting to bad taste, I still remember that it was conventional wisdom among us cheap but sophisticated college kids that the domestically brewed Tuborg gave you wicked gas.
I don't think I ever drank enough of the domestic Tuborg to find out. The Danis beer was pretty good but the US version left a lot to be desired.

John
Old 03-05-2010, 05:58 AM

Naw. Gaseous emissions were not caused bt the brand of Beer you drank as much as what you WASHED DOWN w/the beer...A couple of them Hot Pink Penrose Pickled Eggs & maybe a Slim Jim or 3 usually done the trick for me...I became a Jedi Master of Silent But Deadlies...Altho in Richmond we had this Gawdawful swill called Schmidt's that shoulda been poured back in the horse..& then send the horse to the Glue Factory...But "Schidt's" was like 6 bux a case, if you could find it on special...There was also Mountain Run Virginia Apple Wine, made right there in Virginia, & retailing for .99 cents for an almost quart-sized bottle...Since it was basically spoiled apple juice, it would Set You Free posthaste...And you could prove Newton's second law-for every action, there is an equal & opposite Reaction...To wit, you'd drink this stuff-the "Action", & sooner rather than later, it would be violently exiting thru BOTH main orifaces in your body..(Reaction). Who knew gettin' loaded on cheap wine could be so educational...And religious, too, as I saw Ralph, the great porcelain God many times after imbibing this stuff, & we discussed my purchasing a Buick from him....Mountain Run's motto/sales blurb, printed right there on the expensively-printed 4 color label was "Virginia Apples Make The Difference !", which was fun to contemplate whilst one was having a deep-hearted conversation w/Ralph...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:39 AM

Did you know that if you drank the fluid from a Penrose sausage jar that it would cure the hiccups?

Medical advice I picked up from "The Show Me Inn".

Chas
Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

I thought it was - Mabel, Mabel get off the table, that two bucks is for the beer.

I will now go and converse with either Sam, Jack or Johnny, once the sun goes over the yardarm of course.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'm thinkin' that tomorrow I'm gonna drink some beer, mebee smoke a cigarette on Gubmitt Property, and spit on th' sidewalk.

Just glad that muh friends here ain't gonna rat me out!!!

Chas
J Edgar Hoovers' on his way to arrest you, but I heard something about 'maybe we can work something out'. Hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Yeah Pete. I've seen how your tender ego causes you to run and hide every time us lefties take you to task. But seriously folks, it does seem like the biggest civilizing factor here is that most everyone has a sense of humor. If you keep working on it, you'll have one too.

Regards,

D-Ray
Someday, when I grow up, I'll be funny. I'll shed this pollack midwestern analness, I know it. And I'll know what you old guys are talking about when you say words like "Tuborg' and 'Carling'.

Lol. Seriously, I did have those in my beer can collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...I became a Jedi Master of Silent But Deadlies...
Lolol that's funny. I'll never think of Star Wars the same. It'd be a great tag line!

Great Lakes Brewerys' 'Blackout Stout' is currently on the shelves.

Pete
Old 03-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Naw. Gaseous emissions were not caused bt the brand of Beer you drank as much as what you WASHED DOWN w/the beer...A couple of them Hot Pink Penrose Pickled Eggs & maybe a Slim Jim or 3 usually done the trick for me...I became a Jedi Master of Silent But Deadlies...Altho in Richmond we had this Gawdawful swill called Schmidt's that shoulda been poured back in the horse..& then send the horse to the Glue Factory...But "Schidt's" was like 6 bux a case, if you could find it on special...There was also Mountain Run Virginia Apple Wine, made right there in Virginia, & retailing for .99 cents for an almost quart-sized bottle...Since it was basically spoiled apple juice, it would Set You Free posthaste...And you could prove Newton's second law-for every action, there is an equal & opposite Reaction...To wit, you'd drink this stuff-the "Action", & sooner rather than later, it would be violently exiting thru BOTH main orifaces in your body..(Reaction). Who knew gettin' loaded on cheap wine could be so educational...And religious, too, as I saw Ralph, the great porcelain God many times after imbibing this stuff, & we discussed my purchasing a Buick from him....Mountain Run's motto/sales blurb, printed right there on the expensively-printed 4 color label was "Virginia Apples Make The Difference !", which was fun to contemplate whilst one was having a deep-hearted conversation w/Ralph...
Sandy - I think you're the Master Jedi of the written word. You're right up there with Hunter Thompson in my book. Your posts are priceless.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM

Thank Yew, Thank Yew verrah mutch...I was a senior at Univ. of Richmond the year Animal House came out, & in my frat-Discretion prohibits me from naming which one, but their initials were Kappa Alpha-Anyhow, we decided that we were gonna out-do "Animal House".. Since I DON'T remember a whole helluva lot from my senior year, especially the 1st semester, I suppose we succeeded. Some day I shall reveal what I DO know, but I should prolly check w/an attorney to make sure ALL the statutes of limitations have run out...But it WAS 1978...I'm sure they've repaired everything since then, & it really WAS just a flesh wound....She DID give me permission...Honest...I THOUGHT it was her car...How was I to know she was just 16....(grin)
Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Sandy - I think you're the Master Jedi of the written word. You're right up there with Hunter Thompson in my book. Your posts are priceless.
+1. Sandy, I'm glad you realized that we all love you, man. I think one area where we have common ground is in believing that the PC police have gone too far. Isn't that right, you racist, redneck, foul-mouthed, backwards, misogynist, gun-toting, pig-slopping, gas guzzling, Nazi, fascist mongrel.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
+1. Sandy, I'm glad you realized that we all love you, man. I think one area where we have common ground is in believing that the PC police have gone too far. Isn't that right, you racist, redneck, foul-mouthed, backwards, misogynist, gun-toting, pig-slopping, gas guzzling, Nazi, fascist mongrel.

Regards,

D-Ray
You left out Pig F_cker.