Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Experiment

Lets have some fun and make this thread "polotics strickly forbidden". How long can we make it? Who will be the first to goof up or just not be able to take it?

I'll start us out;
Gee, isn't it great that spring is finally on it's way? I couldn't wait and tuned up the Lawnboy. I imagine the neighbors think I'm nuts for pushing it around the yard with nothing to cut yet. I raked the whole yard by hand and put on the crabgrass pre emergent. I'm waiting for the lawn store to get sod as I have a few muddy spots from a tough winter.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 PM

This was the 1st decent weekend we've had since 1952, or so it seems. Got up to around 60 both days.LA & I did a home improvement show in Kingsport ystrday afternoon, & then loafed thru the Sam's Club up near Abingdon, Virginia afterwards. I went to the farm & fed my sister's Old English Mastiff half a box of Doggie Biscuits this afternoon. Never did fill him up...
Old 03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Ya know TD, if you are going to that effort to make your lawn green, and if you are going to be kind enough to once again host the Twangfest, the least I can do is volunteer to scoop up after your pups.

Not gonna buy a turntable from you this year though. But I might have my first tube amp by the time the fest rolls around, so it's possible I'll be in the market for toobs.

The kid keeps telling me they're getting closer to having all of their engineering done, so I might have a new CD to share this time too.

And kick me in the butt if I even hint about politics during the Twangfest.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-07-2010, 06:48 PM

Pretty much a wasted day. Got in 10 holes before the rain drove us off the course and we had to retreat home and barbeque ribs on the patio.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
Pretty much a wasted day. Got in 10 holes before the rain drove us off the course and we had to retreat home and barbeque ribs on the patio.

sounds like you had a good day in spite of the rain.

here in NY we are still waiting for several inches of snow to melt

it's tough finding your golf ball in the snow
Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
sounds like you had a good day in spite of the rain.

here in NY we are still waiting for several inches of snow to melt

it's tough finding your golf ball in the snow
In Colorado we used colored balls. And a lot of rum.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator

I can't do it so ill bow out
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 PM

Well, nothing bad happened to me all weekend...as far as I know.

It don't get any better than that!!!!

Chas
Old 03-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

My wife and I visited with Rob (Merrylander) and his lovely wife Florence today. The gals hit it off swimmingly. The weather here today was the best I remember since sometime in November, I think. We still have some snow piles around though.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM

Wish I knew whatever happened to this guy I knew in college from Waldorf. His great-great-great granduncle was Dr. Samuel Mudd, & he lived literally right across the road from Dr. Mudd's house, which the state of Maryland had bought & was going to fix up as an historical site. This was 1976-77. Apparently everybody in this country named "Mudd" is kin to each other, his dad & Roger Mudd coulda been twins, they were, in fact, 2nd cousins. He was just one of those guys you never forget once you've met 'em. His mama was a pretty woman & was one of the top civilian secretaries in the Pentagon. She knew Westmoreland as "Westy" & told me she'd have been a colonel if she'd had rank. This fella, Buddy, took me to a beer hall there, the Gallant Green, it was a service station/grocery store/restaurant/beer hall, & was still segregated by having 2 seperate seating areas....Not officially, of course, but by custom. I found this somewhat odd. There were one or 2 black guys on our side, & a couple of white fellas "Over there", & nobody was raisin' hell about it, but I got the distinct feeling that since I DIDN'T have any business over on the black side, I'd best keep my honky ass over on MY side...So I did. When in Rome-Or Waldorf, Maryland-Do as the natives do...I wouldn't be surprised if its still pretty much the same way, this joint was kinda far out in the sticks.