Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:52 PM

At a conservative estimate, I reckon I spent the majority of the day today liberally indulging my enjoyment of my dog's company. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I'd vote for spending most Sundays in just this way.

John
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Area Man

I have an Ortophon 2M Blue on the way for my Luxman TT. I already have a guy over in AK telling me I've set it up wrong. I think he must be talking to the voices in his head. 'Cuz, as I said,-------IT AIN'T HERE YET. Some people, man. I swear. "It shouldn't be doing that! What do you have the tracking force set at?" Doing what? It's on a truck somewhere in Maryland, it'll be here tuesday, Skippy.

Anyways, the new cart is my birthday present to myself. I figured someone should give me a gift, so it might as well be me. I asked the girlfriend what we were going to do on my birthday. "When are you gonna do something for me?" Let's see. Last year it was a $50 bottle of Vodka, the year before I bought and installed a new water heater for her because she said the old one wasn't getting hot enough, the year before that it was a three hundred dollar gold necklace. What have I gotten for my b'day in the last three years? Ummm, let's see, well, uhhhh, hmmmm.....NOTHING! Christ, I aint even gotten no nookie in months............................

"It aint easy, being me. I gotta tell ya."

Dave
Old 03-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Area Man

Oh, shit! Did I just blow it, talking about a woman?

Dave
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, shit! Did I just blow it, talking about a woman?

Dave
Obviously she didn't. I didn't say that did I?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
At a conservative estimate, I reckon I spent the majority of the day today liberally indulging my enjoyment of my dog's company. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I'd vote for spending most Sundays in just this way.

John
Well my agenda has been a complete failure today. I think I haven't managed my energy policy properly, because I haven't felt like doing a damn thing. It's not that I didn't have proposals for progress on the table; but my back has been in an obstructionist mood. Sometimes, I just don't watch out for my own welfare. My wife has been visiting her folks for the past few days, and if I don't get the house cleaned up, we are going to have our own reconciliation process to deal with. Maybe a cup of coffee will be the appropriate stimulus package. (My wife is trying to cut back on her caffeine, so she is a tea-bagger now.) I just hope that a pork-laden breakfast in the morning will get me off to a better start for the rest of the week.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
In Colorado we used colored balls. And a lot of rum.
interesting

I have never let anyone color my balls but I do enjoy a lot of rum.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Well my agenda has been a complete failure today. I think I haven't managed my energy policy properly, because I haven't felt like doing a damn thing. It's not that I didn't have proposals for progress on the table; but my back has been in an obstructionist mood. Sometimes, I just don't watch out for my own welfare. My wife has been visiting her folks for the past few days, and if I don't get the house cleaned up, we are going to have our own reconciliation process to deal with. Maybe a cup of coffee will be the appropriate stimulus package. (My wife is trying to cut back on her caffeine, so she is a tea-bagger now.) I just hope that a pork-laden breakfast in the morning will get me off to a better start for the rest of the week.

Regards,

D-Ray
My wife tells me that an apple, or something like it is the perfect breakfast.

But I'll take a chicken fetus or two any day.

Chas
Old 03-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Resident octogenarian

As Pat has already posted we had a visit from he and Jean his charming wife. We fooled about with a receiver while the ladies had a blast, never saw Florence take to anyone like that before.

Later we got a phone call from our son up in Canada and he sent down some new photos of our granddaughters. Promised a visit with them in the coming months.

Snow is melting slowly but the damage to our windbreak of pines is considerable, that is in addition to what that white tailed lawn rat did to the ones I had planted on the other side of the lot.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
My wife tells me that an apple, or something like it is the perfect breakfast.

But I'll take a chicken fetus or two any day.

Chas
olives hard cheese dried meats for me
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
That's a heck of a fine line there

I had a boring Sunday, a coupla beers and pulled out 'old' music...

Pete