Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I'm a secular Methodist and as such I think Jesus of Nazareth's primary point as captured in the Gospels is - we're all in this together, let's help each other out. I believe/think Jesus' primary point is a good one. I think/believe that we don't need religion to be moral because it's part of being human in that we are born with moral instinct.
I was going to debate this then I suddenly remembered our son as a child (And if I forgot for a moment he is 49 years old so it was some time ago). Whenever he would come in from playing to use the john or summat if there were new cookies on the plate he would not only ask for one but also one for each of his chums that were outside. So yeah, we probably are born with it but have it 'educated' out of us along the way.

So I was gone for 10-15 minutes to feed the kitties and got logged out. Just wanted to note that our ophthalmologist is quite pleased with me the AMD is still dry and the vision in the right eye seems to be getting better. Ah the golden years are here at last, the golden years can kiss my ***

Last edited by merrylander; 01-24-2015 at 03:32 PM.