Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:49 AM

Russian sanctions.

Nuland loses control of a Washington coup in Ukraine to replace the political leaders, Kerry threatens Russian troops and orders them out. Then Obama threatens sanctions that would end our roll as reserve currency.
How much longer should the truly stupid be allowed to run out government?
"A senior adviser to Putin said this morning that if the United States were to impose sanctions on Russia over Ukraine, Moscow might be forced to drop the dollar as a reserve currency and refuse to pay off loans to U.S. banks.

As newswires reported the comments from Putin’s senior aide Glazyev, the USD Index fell marginally to session lows and broke below 80.00 before recovering.

Russia could reduce to zero its economic dependency on the United States if Washington agreed sanctions against Moscow over Ukraine, politician and economist Glazyev said, warning that the American financial system faced a "crash" if this happened.

Sergei Glazyev, a senior adviser to President Putin, added that if Washington froze the accounts of Russian businesses and individuals, Moscow will recommend to all holders of U.S. treasuries to sell their U.S. government debt.

Glazyev is often used by the authorities to stake out a hardline stance. He does not make policy but has the ear of Putin and would be aligned with the more hawkish elements in the Russian government and military.

"We would find a way not just to reduce our dependency on the United States to zero but to emerge from those sanctions with great benefits for ourselves," said Kremlin economic aide Sergei Glazyev.

He told the RIA Novosti news agency Russia could stop using dollars for international transactions and create its own payment system using its "wonderful trade and economic relations with our partners in the East and South."

Russian firms and banks would also not return loans from American financial institutions, he said.

"An attempt to announce sanctions would end in a crash for the financial system of the United States, which would cause the end of the domination of the United States in the global financial system,” he added."
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/31400020.cms
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Area Man

I see. You are so brilliant. I hang on your every word like a suckling pig at his mothers teat, savoring the sweet and intellectually nourishing milk of your astounding wisdom. Oh, please kind oracle, do go on.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I see. You are so brilliant. I hang on your every word like a suckling pig at his mothers teat, savoring the sweet and intellectually nourishing milk of your astounding wisdom. Oh, please kind oracle, do go on.
Is there any meat to his post? Is it substantive or just BS?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Washington broke the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and were called out on it last month.
http://larouchepac.com/node/29746
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Washington broke the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and were called out on it last month.
Good Lord. Now you're quoting LaRouche.

Here's another take on one of your favorite sources, shill.

The Centre for Research on Globalization is – how to put it delicately- a Canadian clubhouse for crackpots of the anti-war, 911-truth, anti-imperialist and anti-Zionist variety. The Centre would not normally be worth noticing except for a laugh. But, today is not a normal day.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...rld-crumbling/

Last edited by finnbow; 03-04-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Samm, lets stick to the financial and monetary sanctions for the moment. One does not need to make a case about US involvement in Kiev.

What I am interesting in is the possible effect of Russia's retaliation in the
financial world. Is it substance or just puff? Can you answer that question?
Or can anybody on this board answer that question?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Samm, lets stick to the financial and monetary sanctions for the moment. One does not need to make a case about US involvement in Kiev.

What I am interesting in is the possible effect of Russia's retaliation in the
financial world. Is it substance or just puff? Can you answer that question?
Or can anybody on this board answer that question?
Of course it is a real threat and their BRICS partners are in agreement of their response to a threat of sanctions against Russia. If China dumps our debt our position of world reserve currency is over. That is what I have been saying since I got here but some would rather play childish games. I have to assume they have nothing to lose. I do.
http://thebricspost.com/ukraine-cris.../#.UxXZQLmYbIU
Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
I must agree with whatever the "puppetmaster" says.

Dave
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

You look cute in your Putin cheerleader outfit, Samm. However, you're still a shameless shill and a plagiarist, even with your sky blue and red pom-poms.

http://www.goldcore.com/goldcore_blo...nancial_System
Old 03-04-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You look cute in your Putin cheerleader outfit, Samm. However, you're still a shameless shill and a plagiarist, even with your sky blue and red pom-poms.

http://www.goldcore.com/goldcore_blo...nancial_System
Very good. Im glad I have you at least doing some research. I cross reference my sources sweetie. Many quote Kremlin economic aide Sergei Glazyev as issuing the same statement. Grow up and learn how to use the internet if you are going to use it.
Probably learning how quotation marks and a link works would be a good start.