Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:52 AM
Jigsawed

While I support Biden because of his strong unapologetic reward for his base, I do not believe he should run again.

America has become a gerontocracy.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y-gerontocracy
Old 09-13-2023, 10:26 AM

Kamala Harris is even a bigger liability to Biden than his age is to himself.
Nomination (coronation?) of Hillary for president after Obama was a big mistake and then after the Trump disaster, all we had was Biden. And all we have now is Biden. And Pelosi who is going to run for another term and more than half the country hates her with a passion. Then there is Feinstein who has been perpetually MIA.

One needs to be honest about why Biden is not blowing Trump away in the upcoming election and Trump's age is not relevant.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Kamala Harris is even a bigger liability to Biden than his age is to himself.
Nomination (coronation?) of Hillary for president after Obama was a big mistake and then after the Trump disaster, all we had was Biden. And all we have now is Biden.
If memory serves, there were several Democratic candidates for president in 2020. The primary voters *chose* Biden and many were surprised that they did. The DNC did not force him on anyone.

The age factor is as relevant for Trump as it is for Biden; saying otherwise is just repeating Republican talking points
Old 09-13-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
If memory serves, there were several Democratic candidates for president in 2020. The primary voters *chose* Biden and many were surprised that they did. The DNC did not force him on anyone.

The age factor is as relevant for Trump as it is for Biden; saying otherwise is just repeating Republican talking points
I wrote-in Biden in 2016 and voted for him in 2020.

The DNC coronated HRC when they should have known she was not going to get the independent or the men's votes. I bet on Hillary to lose and this wss during the primaries and was strictly based on odds, nothing personal and I like to bet. Age not a factor for Trump because its a cult voting for him, not normal people. Normal people will not claim that the 2020 election was "stolen", "fraud" or any other crap the GQP is promoting.

Fortunately after the HRC fiasco, the DNC did away with the Super delegates, lesson learned.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:36 PM

I think voters, after the primaries, selected Biden in 2020 as the most likely candidate to defeat tRump and he did. I think the Democratic party needs to start bringing along several potential presidential picks to run in 2028. Right now job #1 needs to be defeat whoever the Repubs run for president in 2024 and take control of Congress away from the GQP.

Last edited by RickeyM; 09-13-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:00 PM
Admin

I see that the Clinton Derangement Syndrome is alive and kicking still. Anybody need some blue masking tape left over from the Democratic convention, Bernie Brat spit included. (grin)

Anybody wanting VP Harris off the ticket is out of their minds. It's almost like they want the GQP to win by pissing on the heart, soul and backbone of the Democratic party - black women.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I see that the Clinton Derangement Syndrome is alive and kicking still. Anybody need some blue masking tape left over from the Democratic convention, Bernie Brat spit included. (grin)

Anybody wanting VP Harris off the ticket is out of their minds. It's almost like they want the GQP to win by pissing on the heart, soul and backbone of the Democratic party - black women.
It is not Clinton Derangement Syndrome and besides she is history now. I am avoiding rehashing history.

As for Harris, she is several notches below HRC and this is just my own opinion. And if she were the POTUS nominee, my odds will be 1000 to 1. There is no point in backing a nominee if he or she cannot win. Nothing personal, just playing the odds.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:13 PM

I sure to be considered a outlier being a Liberal in deep Cult country.

Both Biden and Harris are both candidates that sure the heck trouble me considerably. I think a plan B needs to be coalesced on.

This they beat Trump BS will not fly IMHO!

This is not the GOP of 2020 anymore!!!
Old 09-13-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I sure to be considered a outlier being a Liberal in deep Cult country.

Both Biden and Harris are both candidates that sure the heck trouble me considerably. I think a plan B needs to be coalesced on.

This they beat Trump BS will not fly IMHO!

This is not the GOP of 2020 anymore!!!
Agreed, this is not the GOP of 2020, this is the GQP of 2023/2024.
I don't think there is time for a plan B at this point. It could look like the Democrats are dumping Joe because they're afraid of tRump.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

The GOP did a masterful job of character assassination on Hillary. The best tarring and feathering in the history of our nation. For Harris to leave the ticket she will have to make it her decision, move over to an important position in the administration (or possible SC nomination) and campaign heavily for Biden to make up for not being on the ticket.