Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:16 AM

Never served with a very low (3) lottery pick. Figured why kick the bear, if they wanted me, would know. Having grew up with a Father in the Navy and a Mother also who served. Knew some of the requirements and expectations.
Graduated HS and never heard any more about it.

Different times different world. I still believe if the draft was around, where men/women now, from all segments were looking at being drafted. That the youth would be more engaged in politics. Along with the parents whose kids would be going in.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
(Am I the only veteran here?)
My Dad was career military, a JAG officer stationed in Japan, DC, Texas and Germany.

Though I was never active duty military, I was a DAC (Dept of Army Civilian) for 20 years in Louisiana, Germany and DC. FWIW, I was the "commander" of a number of military officers of Captain and Major rank and my bosses ranged from Colonel to Major General in rank.

I think I've been to nearly all Army and Air Force bases in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) as well as Germany, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Turkey, Japan, and the erstwhile Canal Zone. My two sons are also DAC's living in upstate NY (doing project management on a VA hospital) and in Israel (in charge of all US funded construction in the northern half of the country).
Old 04-20-2021, 01:33 PM

Open SmartNews and read "Alabama man assaulted police during DC riot, should be jailed, prosecutors say" here: https://share.smartnews.com/WkRU
To read it on the web, tap here: https://share.smartnews.com/WJTT
Old 04-21-2021, 09:48 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/polit...nge/index.html
Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Those two four-star military commanders should be immediately investigated. Go after them like they were being vetted for the Presidential Secret Service detail. Mesmells smoke.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:03 PM
Area Man

My point was; For certain roles in the US military, they seek out certain personality types and exploit them. The True Believer, the uber-Patriot, real "God and Country" types who live for the hyperbole and the real reasons for going to war are just excuses to go kill Commies, Towelheads, Krauts, Nips, Gooks, Russkis or whatever the anti-American Jesus hater du Jour is. Oftentimes such individuals make it pretty far up the chain. They fancy themselves Soldiers of God.

So, does it really come as any surprise that a few of these folks fell in behind Trump with all the other nuts?
Old 05-17-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Someone needs to take a deep dive into who's behind it. Who's really responsible Somebody's doing an awfully successful divide and conquer.
Lucifer

The Angel of Light

Seeing is believing
Old 05-18-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Lucifer

The Angel of Light

Seeing is believing
Yeah that, but I was thinking more along the lines of who of his mortal agents is doing the groundwork.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The military attracts paranoid psychos, looking for a mission? Oh, there's a big surprise. LOL!

(Am I the only veteran here?)

Folks if you're a recruiter, especially one looking for special forces types, that's what you want. You don't want the sensitive free thinker, you want the guy who's intelligent enough to successfully execute a mission and crazy enough to enjoy the violence of it. The one for whom, "For God and Country!", is enough of an excuse to kill people and blow shit up. All the rest is just boring details.
USAF - enlisted in '73

My dad was 82nd Airborne then 4th Ranger Co. Korea. He was not paranoid or a psycho.

Last edited by Mark B; 05-18-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:07 AM

I've been disappointed by groupthink Trump support by fellow former military members, it seems to follow mainly combat arms members. Perhaps a tolerance if not advocacy of "law-'n-order" authoratarianism with a bigoted subtext.