Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
View Poll Results: For me posting.or not
For 7 100.00%
Agaiinst 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Peoples attitudes realy change this time of year,Any shopping I have I go early to avoid any rude people.Hey did you guy's see that 2300 watt panasonic in general audio on AK.I think it is Badass,but I'm weird like that,I would at least like to have the speakers.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Peoples attitudes realy change this time of year,Any shopping I have I go early to avoid any rude people.
I made that discovery myself.

Last Saturday my wife and I went to Wally World ( yeah, I know, I should have my ass kicked for that) to pick up a few things.

But this time we went early, right after our morning walk.

We hit the place at about 7:45 am and it was like a Ghost Town. Got a great parking place, went in and the store was practically empty.

On top of that they had lots of checkout lines open because they knew that later in the morning it would be busier than a bee hive.

Got in and out in no time, with no stress!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Resident octogenarian

We simply treat Christmas much like any other day as the granddaughters don't visit so no tree, no decorations. We still send out cards but it is more of a habit than anything else. It does make a good excuse to split a bottle of bubbly.

Go shopping? Surely you jest, if we should happen to see something we would like or that we think the other would like we buy it, no need for some artificial day to do that. As to it being His birthday, well He is in this house 365 days a year, one is no more special than another.

The same for New Years, make resolutions, why wait for one day in the year to do that? Like Mark Twain wrote, I just try to be an honest man, that way I know there is one less rascal in this world.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

To hell with the shopping frenzy at this time of year, I am tempted to get Florence a CCW permit for when she goes grocery shopping. Young women today have all the grace and manners of - well I just can't think of anything that fits.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We simply treat Christmas much like any other day as the granddaughters don't visit so no tree, no decorations. We still send out cards but it is more of a habit than anything else. It does make a good excuse to split a bottle of bubbly.

Go shopping? Surely you jest, if we should happen to see something we would like or that we think the other would like we buy it, no need for some artificial day to do that. As to it being His birthday, well He is in this house 365 days a year, one is no more special than another.

The same for New Years, make resolutions, why wait for one day in the year to do that? Like Mark Twain wrote, I just try to be an honest man, that way I know there is one less rascal in this world.
I AM just speaking of shopping in general,If I could get food supplies online I would.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I AM just speaking of shopping in general,If I could get food supplies online I would.
So would we, today the supermarket is no place for a little old lady, they make Black Friday look like a Sunday School picnic.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I think you can. But, I imagine it aint cheap.

Dave
Old 12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So would we, today the supermarket is no place for a little old lady, they make Black Friday look like a Sunday School picnic.
Go here. http://www.peapod.com/

You order online, and get home delivery free for first 60 days. Not free after that.

They also have a deal where you order online, and drive-thru at the store. Groceries go into car, you never get out. That apparently is always 'free.'

Not available in all locations.

And I'm Not affiliated, BTW....
Old 12-02-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Go here. http://www.peapod.com/

You order online, and get home delivery free for first 60 days. Not free after that.

They also have a deal where you order online, and drive-thru at the store. Groceries go into car, you never get out. That apparently is always 'free.'

Not available in all locations.

And I'm Not affiliated, BTW....
Well if that dont beat all.boy what a world, next they will have flying cars LOL.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Ready

Flying delivery trucks coming soon. Cars will follow.