Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:39 AM

Unhappy Faith-Based Fanatics

This would be terribly funny if if were not so true....

He’s had a busy summer. As God only knows, he was summoned to slaughter in the Holy Land, asked to end the killings of Muslims by Buddhist monks in Myanmar, and played both sides again in the 1,400-year-old dispute over the rightful successor to the Prophet Muhammad.

In between, not much down time. Yes, the World Cup was fun, and God chose to mess with His Holinesses, pitting the team from Pope Francis’s Argentina against Germany, home of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. Well played, even if the better pope lost.

At least Rick Perry was not his usual time-suck. The governor proclaimed three days of prayer to end the Texas drought in 2011, saying, “I think it’s time for us to just hand it over to God, and say, ‘God: You’re going to have to fix this.’ ” The drought got worse. Two years ago, Perry said that God had not “changed his mind” about same-sex marriage. But the states have. Since Perry became a spokesman for the deity, the map of legalized gay marriage in America has expanded by 50 percent.

Continue...
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Jigsawed

The writer of the article ignore Goddess...gender bias?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The writer of the article ignore Goddess...gender bias?

I have no idea your meaning.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingPoi View Post
I have no idea your meaning.
He only refer to God. Are there Goddesses?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Area Man

Since Hobby Lobby can refuse to pay into Obamacare because cock scabbards violate their religious beliefs, can I refuse to pay into the Faith Based Initiative because some of it goes into religious organizations that I do not support?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goddess
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Mmmm, let's see, for the wingnuts, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schafley, others as I'm sure I missed a few. With these as representative I can see how irrational it is not to be on board the Teapublican klown kar.
BTW, good article.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Mmmm, let's see, for the wingnuts, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schafley, others as I'm sure I missed a few. With these as representative I can see how irrational it is not to be on board the Teapublican klown kar.
BTW, good article.

Oh shit!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Oh shit!
Indeed. I was trying out my purchased-new 1978 GE Superadio yesterday and picked up the EIB stand-in on a distant station, an ass with a Brit accent waxing every bit as ridiculous as the regular idiot. I find it incredible that any rational person wastes their time on this garbage but know a few Limbotomised dittiots myself.
I studied the 3rd Reich years ago mainly to determine Hitlers motive (very simply put, he envisioned himself the fated Teutonic/Aryan messiah and acted to fulfill his perceived destiny) and found the acceptance by an educated but desperate populace of his ideas thru himself and Josef Goebbles hard to understand beyond basic psychological manipulation. The hard won costly lessons of not-so-distant history are lost too soon.

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Indeed. I was trying out my purchased-new 1978 GE Superadio yesterday and picked up the EIB stand-in on a distant station, an ass with a Brit accent waxing every bit as ridiculous as the regular idiot. I find it incredible that any rational person wastes their time on this garbage but know a few Limbotomised dittiots myself.
I studied the 3rd Reich years ago mainly to determine Hitlers motive (very simply put, he envisioned himself the fated Teutonic/Aryan messiah and acted to fulfill his perceived destiny) and found the acceptance by an educated but desperate populace of his ideas thru himself and Josef Goebbles hard to understand beyond basic psychological manipulation. The hard won costly lessons of not-so-distant history are lost too soon.

Do you mean to tell me that the pervasive notion spreading in this country by 24/7/365 media outlets such as EIB and FoxNews that it's unpatriotic to vote for anything but a Republican...............is mind control, Steve?

Wow, now that's just crazy enough to be true.

Dave