Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
In other words have much gay sex as you want but do not push it on the children.

To equate that with the treatment of Jews in Nazi land is over the top...especially when our western leaders are so silent on the egregious
example of Saudi Arabia.
This is somewhat similar to the religiously centered anti gay campaign against homosexuality in the US during the Anita Bryant era which was supposedly about "protecting children" but had a far broader agenda. I began coming to terms with my own identity that year and what is going on in Russia looks pretty much the same with VP and the Orthodox Church. The potential parallel to Nazi Germany is cautionary forcasting, I'm as aware as anyone to what went on and why having read up on it years ago and don't throw this out lightly. Jews were attacked and persecuted by gangs of unofficially sponsored thugs with no response from police, just as in Russia, the State sponsored sanctions and progroms came after as expected and predicted. The same will happen there if it suits Putins agenda.

Saudi Arabia is a medevial religious tyranny we tolerate in our hypocracy as a price for our petroleum dependency, they don't care what anyone thinks of them as long as the money flows in and the populace excluded from the benefits stay reasonably docile and remains unaware of their own ruling classes religious hypocracy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-20-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Dupe, NT
Yeah very selective outrage!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Yeah very selective outrage!
If we were as dependent on Russian petroleum as our European colleagues our commercial and strategic interests would moderate our relationship with them regardless of human rights or other ethical behavior considerations,9 as with our Middle Eastern suppliers. Realpolitik and all that, looking like hypocracy.
Otherwise I don't trust Putin other than for him to be consistent to follow his own muse regardless of other considerations he considers of little Nationalist interest.

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-21-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:41 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
If we were as dependent on Russian petroleum as our European colleagues our commercial and strategic interests would moderate our relationship with them regardless of human rights or other ethical behavior considerations,9 as with our Middle Eastern suppliers. Realpolitik and all that, looking like hypocracy.
Otherwise I don't trust Putin other than for him to be consistent to follow his own muse regardless of other considerations he considers of little Nationalist interest.

Dependencies are the distinguishing characteristic of the 21st century. We are living in a global village and none of the bigger nations will ever be autarkic again. This fact makes Realpolitik necessary. Do not care about the negative "virtue" hypocracy. It is a part of the naturally dirty game.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-28-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Dependencies are the distinguishing characteristic of the 21st century. We are living in a global village and none of the bigger nations will ever be autarkic again. This fact makes Realpolitik necessary. Do not care about the negative "virtue" hypocracy. It is a part of the naturally dirty game.
I suppose it boils down to how far Germany and the Europe are willing to let Putin go. With that attitude towards Russian aggression towards its European neighbors, I suppose spying against Germany remains the right thing for us to do.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Rational Anarchist

We've been spying on Germany since before I was born.

Without the USA, is Germany willing/able to lead a European coalition that can effectively counter Russian expansion?

Last edited by nailer; 07-28-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I suppose it boils down to how far Germany and the Europe are willing to let Putin go. With that attitude towards Russian aggression towards its European neighbors, I suppose spying against Germany remains the right thing for us to do.
"The right thing" because America is totally paranoid - I said this already somewhere in another thread but I will not repeat this fact for a third time in this forum. You will never get it, Sir. And others here neither.

For sure something had to be changed after 9/11 but what America's NSA is meanwhile doing is nothing else than SICK.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-28-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I thought I heard that Germany was given the chance to join 'Five Eyes' a while back? Wiki says West Germany was a member.

I found this funny (wiki):

"According to a former top U.S. official, "Germany joining would be a possibility, but not France – France itself spies on the US far too aggressively for that."

Pete
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Mutated Member

Well Pete - for further current "Five Eyes" information just ask Mr. Snowden.