Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:32 PM

I have a friend who just spent a month in Israel. She said the situation on the ground in Tel Aviv was actually worse than what was being reported in the US, and that was a week *before* the proposed changes to weaken the judiciary.
Old 01-01-2024, 12:14 PM

Israeli Supreme Court strikes down Bibi's controversial judicial overhaul law
https://www.axios.com/2024/01/01/isr...netanyahu-gaza
Old 01-01-2024, 01:29 PM

Is Israel's Supreme Court selected by the President?
Is Knesset involved in the selection process?
Old 01-04-2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Is Israel's Supreme Court selected by the President?
Is Knesset involved in the selection process?
The building was donated to Israel by the Jewish philanthropist Dorothy de Rothschild.

Not that that answers your question, it's just all I know about their Supreme Court.

How y'all doing ?
Old 01-04-2024, 10:56 PM
Ready

Doing OK, Big Cat, all things considered. And I predict Dorothy's nice building will be blown up one day. It will be a shame, but what goes around comes around.
https://youtu.be/vf3yW_yrxHE
Old 01-06-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Doing OK, Big Cat, all things considered. And I predict Dorothy's nice building will be blown up one day. It will be a shame, but what goes around comes around.
Both my parents died in 2023.

I get the Taj Masmall; it's like a wildlife reserve. Pics coming in a different thread later.

This on topic because it involves the IMF, the World Bank, money and Israel.

Maybe I'm straying. Help with the segue please.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
According to what I believe, the final battle on this world will be fought very near there, most likely Syria. (Armageddon).

That will be at least 50 years from now, if not more.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Both my parents died in 2023.

I get the Taj Masmall; it's like a wildlife reserve. Pics coming in a different thread later.

This on topic because it involves the IMF, the World Bank, money and Israel.

Maybe I'm straying. Help with the segue please.
Every condolence on the passing of your parents, Cat. Mine went within 3 months of each other, in the year when it happened.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:24 PM
Admin

Condolences Don and El Grande Gato. It's tough when they go.

Dad's been gone twenty years or so while mom is still kicking it up in Pasadena. We did sell her car and cancelled her driver's license. I can neither confirm nor deny that the 'Little Old Lady From Pasadena was about my 97 years young mom. I used to joke that she parked by Braille.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Condolences Don and El Grande Gato. It's tough when they go.

Dad's been gone twenty years or so while mom is still kicking it up in Pasadena. We did sell her car and cancelled her driver's license. I can neither confirm nor deny that the 'Little Old Lady From Pasadena was about my 97 years young mom. I used to joke that she parked by Braille.
LOL

I was sitting in my local café, admiring my beautiful SC300 Lexus right outside the window. An elderly man with dementia pulled in next to it, planted the door of his car square in the center of my door. Got out using his door to support his weight and put a gouge in my door. Big old J mark as he took his body weight off. My Dad was dying from dementia at the time.

All I did was go the entryway and open the door to let him in the cafe.

Another time, Bob Nash, age 92, drove his car through a support column on the cafe's porch. That's on topic, because Bob Nash is famous for being a USA soldier who fought the Commie Chinese in China after WW2. I'll find the Wiki story. It's amazing...50mm motar guy saved their lives.

From WIKI...Anping Road

Five days later, on July 29, 1946, a routine motor patrol (made up from B Battery, 11th Marines and a mortar squad from the 5th Marine Regiment), consisting of one lieutenant and forty enlisted men, was ambushed near the village of Anping. The ensuing battle lasted four hours. A relief column with air support from Tianjin attempted to trap and destroy the Communists, but it failed to arrive in time. Three Marines (Lt. Douglas Cowin, Cpl Gilbert Tate, and PFC Larry Punch) were killed and twelve others were wounded during what was, up to that point, the most serious clash between American and Chinese forces. One other Marine, PFC John Lopez, later died of wounds received in the battle, and two more were injured when they crashed their Jeep while returning to Tianjin for aid. According to Shaw, "the deliberate Communist ambush was additional proof that the chances for peace in China were nonexistent. Without regard to their truce agreements, both sides initiated hostilities wherever the military situation seemed to favor them, and 'each side took the stand with General Marshall that the other was provoking the fighting and could not be trusted to go through with an agreement.'

Bob Nash was the radio man, hid under his truck, did not engage in combat. He told me the name of the hero guy...can't remember it now. He was their top motar guy, and all the other motar guys kept tossing him their rounds. He just kept firing, and kept the Commies out of rifle range.

Last edited by BigElCat; 01-07-2024 at 07:46 PM.