Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Area Man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

In case anyone has forgotten what "Age of Consent" means.

Dave
Old 06-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Area Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Michigan-16

And, it appears I was in error;

Viginia--14

Dave
Old 06-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Area Man

However, they may be able to prosecute under Federal Law;

"{Chapter 117, 18 U.S.C. 2422(b)} forbids the use of the United States Postal Service or other interstate or foreign means of communication, such as telephone calls or use of the internet, to persuade or entice a minor (defined as under 18 throughout chapter) to be involved in a criminal sexual act. The act has to be illegal under state or federal law to be charged with a crime under 2422(b), and can even be applied to situations where both parties reside within the same state but use an instant messenger program whose servers are located in another state."

Or, should the Feds just "stay out of it", Mike?

Dave
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

"Detroit City Council said Thursday it didn’t want to “prematurely” replace still-absent President Charles Pugh, but some say the council’s highest-ranking member should show his face as an order removing his power and a potential lawsuit loom.

The panel met in an adjourned formal session one day after allegations surfaced that Pugh had an inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old teen he once mentored. Pugh hasn’t been seen or heard from since the claims went public, and city Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr denied Pugh’s request for a month-long medical leave."
Quote:
Oh, my facts are straight. You gotta read the whole story, Bob.

"Pugh was a mentor to the teen through Frederick Douglass Academy in Detroit and first met him in September when he was 17, the mother said."

"The attorneys alleged that Pugh gave him gifts, including a $350 cell phone and clothes for prom, and took him out of class without his mother's permission. The lawyers have said they have text messages between Pugh and the teen."

So, the allegation is that Pugh used his position to gain access to schools as a mentor, and met this kid under a mentor program, then preyed upon the kid. And frankly, Bob, I don't give a flying f%@k if the kid is 17 or just turned 18, he's still a kid.
Quote:
Also, the initial news reports about the text messages is that when the mom first read them, she thought some girl was sending suggestive text messages to her son, until she figured out who they were from.
All of yours and the Detroit Times innuendo and unproven allegations aside, Mike...Pugh's political career appears to be over. In that respect he does remind me of some prominent Republicans in recent memory...
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
All of yours and the Detroit Times innuendo and unproven allegations aside, Mike...Pugh's political career appears to be over. In that respect he does remind me of some prominent Republicans in recent memory...
You mean he'll be forgiven and get re-elected despite the fact that he's a degenerate?

Dave
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Admin

Naw, those guys get a job on Fox News...