Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 PM

I would alos like to broaden the definition of deadbeat to include the Masters of the Universe from AIG along with hedge fund managers that pay tax at a lower rate than their secretaries. And just about anyone else from Wall Street. I mean to say what exactly is it that stockbrokers contribute to the GDP, or anything else for that matter.

Well, there's a big difference from making money and producing wealth. And there's plenty of folks in government who spend their time enriching themselves with our collective dime. Don't even talk about the bankers.

But that's the way it is, and always has been.

Chas
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Something got FUNDAMENTALLY out of whack in this country, I think, when it was decided that more money could/should be made offa "money" than from making "things". We started worshipping at the altar of the god of Cost Accounting, which led to the rise of the arrogant crooks who spend their lives dreaming up schemes like derivatives, & lending money to people who have no way in hell to pay it back..
Old 07-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Greed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Something got FUNDAMENTALLY out of whack in this country, I think, when it was decided that more money could/should be made offa "money" than from making "things". We started worshipping at the altar of the god of Cost Accounting, which led to the rise of the arrogant crooks who spend their lives dreaming up schemes like derivatives, & lending money to people who have no way in hell to pay it back..
In America, we don't reward constructive behavior, we reward manipulative behavior.

Chas
Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In America, we don't reward constructive behavior, we reward manipulative behavior.

Chas
Quoted for truth