Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

@JohnBrennan

I served 6 Presidents, 3 Rs & 3Ds. I directly supported Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama. While I didn't agree with all their policy choices, I admired and respected all of them, as they put country above their personal interests. Not so with you, as your self adoration is disgraceful.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Just for laughs.

Quote:
“Nobody has been tougher on Russia than I have,”.
Quote:
“I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life.”
Quote:
“I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed.”
Quote:
“nobody knows more about trade than me.”
Quote:
“nobody respects women more than I do,” and “nobody loves the Bible more than I do.”
Quote:
“nobody’s better to people with disabilities than me.”
Quote:
“I have one of the great temperaments,” he said.
Quote:
“There’s nobody that’s done so much for equality as I have.”
Quote:
“with the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.”
Quote:
His “I.Q. is one of the highest.” He has “the best words.” He is a “stable genius.” He has “one of the great memories of all time.” He was “always the best athlete.” His building makes “the best taco bowls.” He knows more about the Islamic State than the generals, and nobody “in the history of the world” knows more about taxes than Trump.
The one thing missing from these self aggrandizing statements is that I am the greatest liar this country ha ever seen.

How Trump is transforming himself into the greatest president ever

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.4b2a44ad62f0
Old 04-05-2018, 11:13 AM

That was funny!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:04 PM

The sad thing is, 80% of Repubes (including our resident village idiots) believe everything he says.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:14 PM

“… and, at this time, you may switch on your electronic devices and see what he’s said now.”
Old 04-06-2018, 12:00 PM

The big question remains, will Trump fire Mueller? Here is an article from an independent opinion columnist.
Quote:
Since President Trump revels in the use of nicknames, it is time to warn the nation that it now appears the president, who should be nicknamed "Swamp King Trump," has floated Scott Pruitt, who should be nicknamed "Polluter Pruitt," to replace the attorney general that Trump nicknamed "Mr. Magoo" — Jeff Sessions.

Pruitt would then have the power to fire Robert Mueller, who should simply be referred to as "Citizen Mueller." Trump denies he plans to replace Sessions with Pruitt, but many of his denials have been proven false in the past.

There are two critically important points to be made here. The first is that Swamp King Trump almost certainly intends to fire Citizen Mueller because he is terrified about what Mueller will soon do. The second is that Polluter Pruitt is one of the leading candidates for the dubious honor of being the worst official to serve in any administration in modern American history.
Now that Trump is back to running his own reality presidency, this might very well happen. Question remains, what will the GOP members of the House and the Senate do? I predict nothing, they will close their eyes and ears and wait for the mid term elections. Let the voters do what they cannot or unwilling to do in order to appease the GOP base. Bunch of spineless shameless sissies.

Rosenstein should release the Mueller report to the public and resign and that will make him an American hero.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...itizen-mueller
Old 04-07-2018, 06:33 AM

Old 04-08-2018, 05:05 PM

While the Dotard attempts to smear Obama for Assad's latest transgression, McCain puts the blame squarely where it belongs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/polit...ria/index.html
Old 04-09-2018, 05:13 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
While the Dotard attempts to smear Obama for Assad's latest transgression, McCain puts the blame squarely where it belongs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/08/polit...ria/index.html
The rebels are surrounded and are taking buses out of the area.

In the final analyses no pipeline will run through Syria.

Turkey has already checked the Kurds.

Last edited by Dondilion; 04-09-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

One of President Donald Trump's most frequent attacks on Amazon is accusing the company of not collecting state and local sales taxes, something his own business' online retailer does in just two states.

TrumpStore.com, the Trump Organization's online store, collects sales taxes from purchasers who ship orders to Louisiana and Florida addresses, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Amazon, the e-commerce giant that has found itself in Trump's crosshairs this month, originally collected sales taxes in just five states. But the company has more recently moved to collect sales taxes from consumers in the 45 states, as well as Washington, DC.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...les-tax-2018-4

So, Amazon collects sales tax in 45 states and DC, whereas Trump's online store collects it in two states?