Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 PM

opinions of any nature are good,Religous or political,even everyday life as is what consumes a lot of space here.I am a recent newbie and just have not fit into the fold yet,or maybe I never will but hey thats ok too.we are all just human and if you have never screwed up then you are lieing.it is all with a grain of salt and communication is the key to working it out and understanding.kinda what is happening here.but it is my bedtime.so without further adoo ....
Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 PM
reflexionar

I don't have much problem with the status quo. I come in and read every day or two. I may or may not leave a comment. Sometimes threads evolve (or devolve) so fast I lose pace with them and forget to reply. My biggest issue isn't the bickering and name calling as much as the selective context. Hard to have a serious discussion when one line of a long paragraph gets argued, ignoring all the supporting text around it. I really don't like explaining myself to people who don't bother to read or attempt to grasp the whole message.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM

I am the man.

no lawyer, engineer, network admin guy, contractor, event planner, x-ray tech, coffee maker, audio engineer, Pete, and last but not least HR guy is ever gonna change me.

It is all about me here.
4-2-7 no one takes you seriously because your lack of grammar and Palinesque vignettes sort of make you an easy target.

have a nice day up there 13
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
some of you people have the know how to make a better showing of yourselves.
Quoted for truth!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I can remember my initial inaugural post here about Solutions.well so far nothing but petty bickering and stupid chit-chat about nothing.I had high hopes of getting with some thinkers and maybe show America something about making things work.but for the most part zilch,nada.there is no logic to it,could be why it is always the same people participating.I know I am no intelectual by a longshot but some of you people have the know how to make a better showing of yourselves.

I mean come in look around read a few posts and sometimes get suckered into a response,but usualy I just scratch my head and say DAMN.Mybe that Guy that left was right in saying there is not much serious discussion here,and what is serious is of a stupid nature.I know how I am thought of and it dont bother me thats just the way I am hardwired and sorry for any inconvienence.And I aint going nowere.so deal with it.

I just want to lay this out I have been thinking on how to present it,but here it is.

Cleon you may have seen in another thread in this forum where Big Erik suggested that Florence and my love story was so inspiring that I should put it up here as a thread. It was I suppose quite inspiring, we met in the blizzard of Feb 11-12 1983 and as I wrote to her later meeting her was as if something that had been lost and broken had been found and was being put back together. However if you think that I am about to cast those pearls here - forget it.

Last edited by merrylander; 04-11-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I don't have much problem with the status quo. I come in and read every day or two. I may or may not leave a comment. Sometimes threads evolve (or devolve) so fast I lose pace with them and forget to reply. My biggest issue isn't the bickering and name calling as much as the selective context. Hard to have a serious discussion when one line of a long paragraph gets argued, ignoring all the supporting text around it. I really don't like explaining myself to people who don't bother to read or attempt to grasp the whole message.
And there you have it!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Cleon you may have seen in another thread in this forum where Big Erik suggested that Florence and my love story was so inspiring that I should put it up here as a thread. It was I suppose quite inspiring, we met in the blizzard of Feb 11-12 1983 and as I wrote to her later meeting her was as if something that had been lost and broken had been found and was being put back together. However if you think that I am about to cast those pearls here - forget it.
I would not expect you to Rob.I too Share the greatest love of my Life and it has not always been a good one ,But I almost lost her at one time and I made A promise to myself ,to never take her for granted again.

Getting too Personal only leads to criticism and the such as I have learned.no the conversation will be what it is and discussed acordingly.I get too philosopical and it leads to my thinking of a perfect world and such.but this is a open market and all topics are free to be shared and commented on,I tend to go with the lite hearted stuff and try to stay out of the big boy stuff,it is hard sometimes But I am getting stronger in my restraint.

we all shre the freedom to say what is on our mind and I think we should excercise it to it's fullest,as I am doing now.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I would not expect you to Rob.I too Share the greatest love of my Life and it has not always been a good one ,But I almost lost her at one time and I made A promise to myself ,to never take her for granted again.

Getting too Personal only leads to criticism and the such as I have learned.no the conversation will be what it is and discussed acordingly.I get too philosopical and it leads to my thinking of a perfect world and such.but this is a open market and all topics are free to be shared and commented on,I tend to go with the lite hearted stuff and try to stay out of the big boy stuff,it is hard sometimes But I am getting stronger in my restraint.

we all shre the freedom to say what is on our mind and I think we should excercise it to it's fullest,as I am doing now.
Cleon I look at life this way, it was not always marvelous, but from the moment we met it has been simply great. You seem to have found that same state of grace. Enjoy it, wish it for others but know that the old saying about leading horses to water is quite true.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Cleon I look at life this way, it was not always marvelous, but from the moment we met it has been simply great. You seem to have found that same state of grace. Enjoy it, wish it for others but know that the old saying about leading horses to water is quite true.
Yes I know,but I get that I'd like to buy the world a Coke mentality,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msbfN81Gm0

notice how they said Buy
Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 AM

I put a lot into songs and relate to a lot of the titles .say for instance the Doors,When the musics over or People are strange.you could do a whole montage with songs and titles.probally a studip thing to mention but I put a lot of grip and reality into music.