Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-19-2024, 05:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
That was a different generation. Before internet, cell phones, video games and YouTube....in a divided up country.
I'm blaming it on transistors. If we'd only stuck with vacuum tube technology everything would be roses. Remember when comic books were rotting the minds of our yutes?

Don't sell the younglings short, Barn. Like our fathers and their fathers before, we were once like them - loud, brash and full of snot.
https://youtu.be/JyOWpWIWfyo
Old 04-19-2024, 05:57 PM
Admin

Anyways...
It looks like blood drenched GOPers are finally going to approve some much needed aid to Ukraine tomorrow and there's really nothing Moscow Marge and her gazpacho bois can do until the next time.

I hope there are many Patriot AA missile systems with enough missiles to make southern Russia and the Ukraine especially perilous for Ruzzian pilots and their cruise missiles.

I hope there's a fucking skytrain of C5s loaded with ATACMS and anything else with wings headed for the area. Several large trainloads of Bradleys loaded for bear should waiting at the border.

Slava Ukraini!
Old 04-20-2024, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I'm blaming it on transistors. If we'd only stuck with vacuum tube technology everything would be roses. Remember when comic books were rotting the minds of our yutes?

Don't sell the younglings short, Barn. Like our fathers and their fathers before, we were once like them - loud, brash and full of snot.
https://youtu.be/JyOWpWIWfyo
Now a days all to common to see a table of people not talking to one another but on their phones. Kids watching TV playing games again on the phone. our community is changing how I do not know.

Call it the looking up how to use a hammer on youtube generation. Tossing an item when the power cord breaks it seems. Just buy a new one. Not even waiting for it to break, just get the newest latest greatest replacement when the old one works just fine.

We grew up working on our cars if they needed it or not. Building models kits playing outside all day only going home to eat or bathroom. One phone in the house maybe four channels on a good day to watch on TV. Also on the one TV in Black and White....

Games were with cards or boards with other people at the table .....
Old 04-20-2024, 06:04 PM